Tuesday 2 December 2008

Canvas Bag - shoulder bag, canvas


The hot issue with this canvas bag seems to be size. I don't have any measuring tape on me, but from rough estimate 12x9(or10)x5. It's small. I'd compare it to the small dickies messenger bags also found on amazon. The one major plus of this bag is it's thickness. Mine usually has three or four thin traveling books, two steno pads, and one fairly thick book on Emily Dickenson. And still have room in the main compartment for misc thumbdrives, mp3 player, and blackberry. I have one of the dickies bags, and i could barely fit a couple steno pads before the thing appeared overfilled. It's perfect for daily use, if you don't carry a laptop or full size note pad. The construction has kept up with a couple months of hard abusive daily carrying and commuting.



I suppose all the previous negetive reviews came from people expecting something bigger. It's definately small, but some how fits a lot of what I need day to day without resorting to a cumbersome full-sized messenger bag. The durability matched with it's minimalist size definately makes this bag worth all 5 stars in my opinion. Ammo Shoulder Messenger Bag, Brown

It's a shame that the critical reviewers were commenting on a listing error in the bag dimensions rather than the bag itself -- which totally rocks. For $8 or so you can do a lot worse for a handy little day pack type shoulder bag you can throw a sketchbook, a couple of pens, an iPod, cell phone and wallet into and hit the galleries. The bags were meant for carrying ammunition in Iraq while being shot at so it's a fairly sturdy canvas construction with a nice tongue close hitch to keep the flap down & the weather out of your stuff.



I wish there were internal pockets or maybe an extra zippered pouch, but it serves the purpose of an inexpensive little personal carrying solution when you don't need a whole backpack but would rather not stuff your pockets like some kind of a dork. It's got a cool urban military jib to it's cut too that's something more interesting than an anonymous Office Max commuter bag, which is what I was replacing. This would actually make a great little inexpensive and USEFUL gift for that alternative minded young lady who thinks purses are for sissies, or the young punker scene guy who needs someplace to carry his iPod and couple of books, if he reads books. The black color is actually quite tasteful too.



If you need something bigger than that try the M-51 engineer's bag, which will hold a laptop but was about twice as big as what I needed.

I have no complaints with this bag. It's made out of stiff canvas, which relaxes in time, but largely remains rather rigid. That's something that I like about the bag, though, so I can't deduct any points for it. It's rather small, but you can tell that from its dimensions. I like the size. I can fit 3 -4 books in the bag, which is the reason I wear it. I think the best part about the bag is that I don't look like a woman when I'm wearing it. That's important to me.

The bag is 9.5 x 8 x 4 (measure the panels). When flat the bag might be 11 x 9 x 4, but not with stuff in it. If the bag were the size advertised, a piece of 11 x 8.5 paper would fit in without folding - but it can't be done. With that out of the way...



I've been looking to downsize what I carry. The latest laptop bag I have is big and bulky. I now have an IPad which is far less bulky than the laptop I had, and the bag I used was cumbersome. Although this bag is a little smaller than I thought it would be, the IPad fits in along with the notebook I carry. I have gotten rid of a lot of extra things that I carried in my laptop bag (only because it had the extra room).



This bag is pretty rugged - I haven't seen any of the flaws that others have written about. The front pockets store small things - I haven't had a problem with the velcro opening on me, but the pockets are small and care has to be taken when putting stuff in. The only add-on I would have liked to see would have been a small zippered pocket on the inside.



I will be using the bag regularly, only using the larger bag for times when I need to carry files around. It is a good product for the price - just be aware of the true size.

Simple classic, appears to be a strong cotton denim.

Only thing it doesn't have that I remember is the original had a ~rubberized/plasticized interior for water resistance.

Easy enough fix with silicon waterproofing (water resistance) spray. :)

I ordered this bag and measured it. The real size is 9" Wide x 8" Tall x 3.75" Thick. (That's measuring each of the panels from seam to seam.) Sure, if you flatten it and pull out the sides you can get it to 13", but then you're counting the sides twice.



This bag is VERY small. It's more of a handbag than anything else. The two front pockets aren't deep enough to hold pens; however, they will hold a cellphone or large iPod. The main compartment fits an iPad comfortably, but you have to squeeze a magazine in. Don't expect to carry much else.



That said, it appears to be of good quality. The canvas is heavy, and the strap can be adjusted quite long.



I'm rating this one star because of the lack of accurate information. I'm sending it back.

This bag is very sturdy and quite small. it will fit about 5 normal spiral notebooks almost perfectly they slide in and take up the whole main compartment (3-4 inches). practical and convenient i bought two of them and sewed them back to back so now i have a nice, big, handy bag with two main compartments and 4 little outer bags. the canvas is reasonably thick. its one of my favorite messenger bags/book bags now

This is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a small Netbook bag to sling over my shoulder and make airport checkouts easier. And it does NOT look like a Purse! I tried another bag that is a knockoff of a designer bag. My friends said maybe it's ok to carry a 'man purse' like that in Europe, but it in the US it looked kind of gay. This bag is perfect. It doesn't look gay and it's plenty big enough to hold my 8.9 in netbook. It may even hold a 10 inch netbook, but it may be small for an 11.5 inch netook. Definitely too small for a 13 inch laptop.



This bag is great for when my hands are full. I have easy access to my netbook while carring my other bags, my wife's bags, shopping bags, a diaper bag, and all the other stuff I get stuck carrying at the airport. I can take out the netbook to show the Security folks without having to unpack everything else from the other bags. There is room for the power supply and cords but not much else.



The side pockets are kid of small. I guess they're designed for gun magazines or something. They are too small for my power supply, but may fit a small travel mouse, earbud headphones, USB thumb drives and stuff like that. I can also put my wallet, cell phone, keys and watch in them when I go through the metal detector at airport security. The closing strap holds the stuff securely, but it is not so easy to open in a hurry. Also the bag is not padded, so it doesn't offer a lot of protection for the netbook. That's why I only gave it 4 stars.



As for being an Ammo Bag, this would work great for holding ammo. It could almost hold a brick of 22LR ammo or several boxes of shotgun shells. This would also make a great bag for picking up used brass at the range. It could also be used for a first aid kit or for holding emergency supplies like extra beer. - Canvas - 24 - Canvas Bag - Shoulder Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Canvas Bag - shoulder bag, canvas canvas Canvas Bag - shoulder bag, canvas