Tuesday 2 December 2008

Extended Batteries - extended battery, android


This rugged case ended up being more then I expected. The screen protector went on without any problems and the whole set up was much lighter then I expected. It fits very well in my hands and I'm not worried about dropping my phone anymore. It would have to be a direct hit against the screen of the phone on a hard corner somewhere for any damage to happen. I highly recommend this case with the 3500 battery for anyone who uses his or her phone a lot. Seidio Innocase Extended Rugged Hybrid Case & Holster for HTC EVO (Black, Retail Packaging)

I've had my Seidio extended battery for several months and love it!!Keeps a charge for an entire day.... OK, I know this is a review of the extended rugged case but for you guys out there wondering about the battery... go for it! Anyway, I do like the case very much!! I've dropped my phone SEVERAL times before getting this case and I'm blessed that I didn't break it (did chip the case door that comes with the battery). Each drop seemed to always be on concrete or tile, never anything soft.



This case is a little bulky but well worth it for the protection it gives my precious EVO. It is a little confusing in the pictures but it actually comes with a new door cover for the battery which is a $29 replacement but, is included here. (Mine had gotten chipped on one of my previous drops)



The hard plastic shell is a bit difficult to get off and on and I had to watch a video to see that it really would come off the rubber portion. A hinge on one of the corners would be great to get it started for the removal. I'm concerned I'll break one of the tabs taking it off and on but, so far so good. However, one of the tabs had caused a slit in the rubber casing but CiTiElectronic is replacing it for me.



The holster cover is very handy when I don't have any pockets, I can attach it to my shirt or jeans. I too noticed the clip would turn the phone on so I started reversing the cover and that seems to work fine. It still connects securely.



Granted, it plainly says that the kickstand is obstructed but I still miss it. If the hard shell were easier to get off it wouldn't be as big a deal because the rubber case slips off easily, then your kickstand could be exposed for use. As it is, I do the same as all those folks that don't have a kickstand and hold the phone if I want to watch a video or chat..bummer, but, it's the price to pay for the protection. It's likely that because of the bulk, an opening for the kickstand just wouldn't have enough room to actually stand the unit up.



Overall, I strongly recommend this case. I'm ready to get my replacement, I really miss it.

Recently purchased the 3500 battery so I thought why not buy a case, had been waiting for a new one since I had read bad reviews of a previous one. Must say, this case is great, just compared it to an Evo with the standard battery, does add a lot of bulk, but feels light(to me) nevertheless. Would highly recommend this case, 3 cases in one, your phone is definitely safe, unless of course, your phone hits directly with a corner other than that, it's good. Love the clip it comes with, tried it out today at school. I like that you can lock the clip on, so it won't slip or anything



Only things that don't like: 1. Can't use the kickstand (yes I know the description says that). 2. Sometimes when using the case, the screen will turn on since the clip is right over the button. Overall love the case since I don't have to worry as much about dropping the phone.



Things that were a plus for me, the included cloth, & the screen...which I failed to install. All I have to say is don't peel it completely or there goes lots of time to installing it...and don't get it dirty lol, or that's it. Any questions you may have, ask away, would gladly answer. :]

After reading all of the reviews, I was kinda nervous about ordering this case. However, I wasn't able to find too many other options that would accept the extended battery (which is necessary with the EVO) and the protection my EVO requires. The case is rugged and very well built. Not very easy to get off once you have it on, but it does consist of three different cases. The clip is sturdy and has a great locking mechanism on the top. I was nervous after reading the clip turns the screen on. I have found, when the phone is in the clip, it does not activate the screen, but while putting the phone in the clip it does indeed turn the screen back on. I haven't found this to be a problem. I would agree the case is quite bulky, but after all, we are talking about a huge phone with a huge battery. What can we really expect? Therefore, I would highly recommend this product to my fellow EVO users. Just don't be stupid like me....buy the Seidio Extended battery. It comes with the battery cover you will need! I bought a cheaper set and unable to put this case on with my battery cover. Therefore, I had to purchase the Seidio extended battery. :( Lesson Learned!

Just outstanding. Pretty much sums it up. Great protection and looks good too. This is indeed a 'ruggedized' protection system that incorporates two different hard shells and a rubber skin. There is a turtle-back that snaps onto the phone, then the rugged rubber skin, then ANOTHER plastic shell over that (plus the holster if you use that. I don't most of the time). You give up the kick-stand when using this system, but all other features are accessable. Headphone, usb, video out, all have cut-outs and the power button and volume rockers are operated through the skin. Very well made with a true custom fit. Not sloppy at all. Feels like a real communication device now. A++++++

I love my htc EVO 4G phone, and wanted a good case by which to protect it with. Initially, I had purchased the Otter Box Commuter case - which wasn't a bad case at all, but decided that I wanted a little better protection than that case offered. In addition to that, I quickly learned that the EVO has a ravenous appetite on battery power, which propelled me to purchase an extended battery. This was the second reason that I opted away from the Commuter case, because it would not accommodate the extra girth of the new battery. I liked both the Ballistic, and the Seidio, but the latter won out as it was the only one manufactured for the extended battery. So I ordered it.



This Seidio case arrived yesterday, and I was immediately impressed with it. It seems to be made of very high quality materials, and I am thrilled at the level of protection that it offers my investment. Installing the components on my phone was a snap, with its fit and form (IMO) being top notch. As much as I like this case, there is one element that I feel could have been better improved upon: the holster. Its latching/securing mechanism, to hold the phone in the holster, powers the phone on when 'Lock' is engaged. To counter this, the phone has to be inserted upside down. I also find that it is rather easy to, accidently, bump the latch to the 'Open' position with my arm and, thereby, risking dislodging of the phone. For this reason I wish that 'Locking' might have been activated by a downward push of the lock, instead of raising it. However, I did not detract from my 5-star rating of this product because of what it offers even without the holster (though I WILL use it at times, but with caution).



I have read where a good number of purchasers had registered complaints about the girth, and extra weight that this case setup adds to their phones. Personally, I (with big hands) absolutely love the feel of this setup in my hands - girth AND weight. There had also been some concerns listed about how 'brick-like' the marriage looked. Well, if you're going for the streamlined, fashion statement kind of look, then you may very well want to look elsewhere. Though I bought this case for protection, I think that it looks really, really good - and I am VERY HAPPY WITH IT. - Case - Extended Battery - Android - Extended Batteries'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Extended Batteries - extended battery, android android Extended Batteries - extended battery, android