Sunday 16 November 2008

Refill - fountain pen, bottled ink


I like fountain pens and ever since high school green ink has been my trademark. My pen is a medium nib Pelikan 200 (green of course). One of the drawbacks of fountain pens is that the ink is not waterproof so it is not good to use for checks or any place where there is any danger of the paper getting wet. I've tried a few "semi-waterproof" inks in the past but they never worked worth a darn.



Noodler's came out with an ink that is water soluble in the pen but chemically reacts with the cellulose in paper to be permanent and waterproof. This sounded perfect so I ordered a bottle in the hunter green.



I was previously using Pelikan brilliant green ink. In general you expect the best writing when you have the same brand of ink and pen. I found Noodler's ink to write better than Pelikan. It has better and more consistent flow. It writes better on cheap paper which caused skipping problems with Pelikan ink. My pen feels a little more scratchy with Noodler's ink so I think it must be a little less viscious than Pelikan ink. Noodler's ink also feathers more on rough paper than Pelikan ink did.



To me the color of this ink isn't quite right. It is more yellowish and lighter than I expected. To my eye it looks more like a Kelly green than a hunter green. The online examples looked like a hunter green so I wonder if there is a little variation batch to bath. Noodler's Hunter Green Eternal Fountain Pen Ink

I've used this in a Hero 266 fountain pen as well as a few different basic Lamy fountain pens. It got the most use with an italic nib for addressing Christmas cards this year and performed beautifully. I've not had any clogging or ink flow issues and the color is beautiful as well as permanent.

This was a smaller bottle of ink than the other Noodler's I've purchased in the past. That said, I'm very satisfied with the purchase.



The color is a dark green and like other Noodler's Inks I've used, flows smoothly. It does run slightly when the paper gets wet, but nothing excessive.



Overall, a color I will be using on a regular basis in my Parker. - Fountain Pen Ink - Bottled Ink - Fountain Pens - Fountain Pen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Refill - fountain pen, bottled ink fountain pen Refill - fountain pen, bottled ink