Sunday 16 November 2008

Lumbar Support - back pain, cushion


If you work for a stingy boss like I do that's too cheap to buy decent chairs OR a decent support for their hard working employees with bad backs, seriously consider buying this back support. Here's a few things I liked...



-its not expensive

-its comfortable

-its lightweight

-you can easily and quickly move it from chair to chair

-it conforms to a wide range of backs



What sets this low back support apart from others is that its made of a "mesh" material, which provides a rare combination of support, while at the same time, gives in to conform to your back. A very comfortable and affordable option when it comes to lumbar supports- its a keeper! Those with back pain might also be interested in Treat Your Own Spinal Stenosis. Angel Sales PosturePro Lumbar Support

They sell these at Dollar Tree. For a dollar. Every Dollar Tree I've been in in the past 8 months has had them. They may not be the exact same brand, but they're identical - I've got one next to me right now. I'm a big fan of Amazon, but you may want to check your local Dollar Tree before dropping $15 on one here.

I had bought same product few months back. Since I was satisfied I ordered for one more. To my surprise when I received the product this time, it was not exactly the same quality as compared to the previous. This one is little smaller, mesh was loose, stripes at the back were much thinner. Overall it was very poor quality as compared to the original. So one may not always get the original quality!

I tried two Obus Forme back rests with lumbar support. Neither worked in my compact car. Although one style does make the BEST bed support reading/computer pillow I have ever found.



The Obus Forme backrests put me too far forward in the cars seat and didn't leave enough seat room under my legs to be comfortable. I have also tried several other styles of lumbar support cushions (memory foam, etc.) that were either too bulky and felt like there was a "growth" on the seat so that I couldn't sit comfortably or the coutoured shape just didn't fit the shape of my back no matter how carefully I tried to adjust its location.



The Angel Sales lumbar support is PERFECT! It gives me the support I need, allows air flow behind my back during the summer months and has just enough give in the mesh to contour to my body shape perfectly.



There is also enough "give" in the mesh so that it can adjust with your movement and still offer support. Other supports I have used--even the memory foam ones feel hard and I found myself constantly leaning forward and reaching behind to adjust their location. I have never needed to adjust the mesh lumbar support after I am buckled in.



The only issue I have is that the wire portion of the seat is almost as wide as the small seats in my compact vehicle and I need to push the back support over just a wee bit to fasten my seatbelt. This is a small price to pay for this VERY comfortable lumbar support. Even with this slight adjustment every time I fasten my seatbelt, I would not change the size or the design of this lumbar support.



The design of this cushion allows it to adjust perfectly to anyone using it. Both my husband and I love this cushion even though there is a big difference in our size and height. It is amazing that one size does seem to fit all with this lumbar support.



For those that have commented on the elastic: When I first got this, I didn't attach it to the seat, I just set it in place and adjusted its location every time I got in and out of the car. Once I put the elastic around the car seat, I have not had any problem with the elastic breaking or stretching out.



I did manage to put a hole in the mesh on our original backrest. It still works fine although the mesh has started to soften and does not have the same firm support as when it was new. We have used it continually for over two years. The newer ones we've purchased seem to have a little heavier gauge outside frame for the mesh.



Our original mesh lumbar support is still in use even though the mesh has softened. It still offers enough support that I haven't felt the need to remove it from service. Even if I had to replace it annually or bi-annually, this lumbar support is worth the price.



I have purchased several of these for our use and given several as gifts.

This is very comfortable and gives firm (but not stiff or hard) support. I didn't buy this from Amazon. Walgreens is selling them for $6 each or 2 for $10. I am using one in the car, one on my office chair, and one on my home desk chair.

This lumbar support actually turned out to be a lot better constructed than I thought it would have, given the pricepoint. It's framed by a rigid metal structure, and the mesh material is probably the same grade that you would see in a high-end office chair like the Herman Miller Aero.



At first, the support almost seems to be too much, but as time has gone by, it's become more comfortable and really helps with keeping my back cool during these hot NJ summers. Highly recommended.



EDIT: I ordered a second one of these in 2010 after my original purchase in 2007 got snagged on something and ripped. It was somewhat easily fixed, but the edges were wearing from daily use, so I bought another. You'd think a product listed with the same exact title, which I found by searching my purchase history, would be exactly the same. Nope. The new version is completely inferior to the original - thinner metal frame, lighter weight fabric, overall cheaper feel.



If you look at the reviews in order of "newest first", you'll see a dramatic drop in ratings, likely due to the now horrible quality. It's unfortunate that the original reviews (for a different product) have convinced so many people to buy this piece of junk. I'm really disappointed that I can't get my hands on the original again - it was a great product at one time. - Lumbar - Cushion - Back Pain - Back Pillow'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lumbar Support - back pain, cushion cushion Lumbar Support - back pain, cushion