Sunday 30 November 2008

Laptop Cooler - cookies, gripping


These cookies are just plain awesome and I can't believe that it took this long for a product like this to hit the market.



Use them for elevating your work piece off of the table so you can paint it, use your router on it, whatever you need. The no-slip base works awesomely on pretty much any and all material. Just make sure it's free of saw dust or any loose debris and they'll stay planted.



Rockler sells these as well and I must say that the blue ones they sell are much better looking then these, but obviously function the same (and are the same price).



If you are a serious woodworker, a novice, or even a beginner, these are a must have for anyone. Buy two packs and just go crazy!



Pros:

Securely holds and elevates your workpiece.

Cheap!

Take up very little space in your workshop.

Durable and well made.



Cons:

Orange and black color not all that pretty, LOL. Bench Dog 10-035 Bench Cookie Work Grippers, 4-Pack

I have a couple router mats that I've used for years before coming across these. I have a feeling the mats will be rolled up and stored in a cabinet now. These Bench Cookies give you the added benefit of height when routing a complete edge or plunge routing something out of the center of your work. I bought 2 sets so if I want to do some jig saw work I stack 2 on the corners and my work is elevated enough that I can work right over my workbench. The anti-slip surface works as well as my router mats. Something so simple that is so useful....wish I came up with the idea....

Wasn't sure I would use these when I got them. I now use them every day especially for supporting boards up off the ground while I cut them to size using a circular saw. I just went and got another set yesterday as well for larger peices of wood for more support. They really do grip well especially if you have them on a slick surface like a painted garage floor. A+



Don't buy them here though. Lowes has them for lower.

I'm making some cabinets and could find nothing to hold the face frame parts in place. These things work great to sand the individual parts or the whole frame. Also great spacers for staining & finishing (just put one of my used sanding disks underneath to protect them from finish/stain).



Highly recommended ~ considering purchasing another set.

Yep, they're simple and work great--I wonder sometimes why I never made anything like them myself. Now, though, they're cheap enough that it's not worth the time to do so.

I bought them on impulse, but these rapidly became one of the most-used items in my shop. Having enough relief--and enough vibration-damping--to hold pieces for the router is particularly useful, since they're always at hand, saving a step of setup.

We use this product in a commercial cabinet shop. This is a great product that really allows for a lot of force while sanding without fear of the workpiece sliding. The foam rubber on both faces of the Grippers tends to take on dust from sanding, but this does not seem to reduce the grip provided.



I can not think of any way to improve this product.

I've wanted a set of these cookies from Rockler since they came out. I just never wanted to pay shipping and tax on a $12 item. I don't order from Rockler much because of the shipping, tax and usually the prices can't beat Amazon's. Back to the cookies...I am happy with the purchase. They're very grippy. They're smaller and thinner than I was picturing and I think that's a good thing. Who cares about the color? I have several Bench Dog products and have been pleased overall (other than their feather board). These do what they're intended to do and I'm satisfied.

I haven't used this product yet to keep wood steady when working on a project, but I did find a different use. Whenever I am working on my laptop I put all four of these down first so each corner of the computer is sitting on a "cookie". This makes it more comfortable to type and it keeps the laptop cool.

This is an absolutely amazing product that is indispensable for anyone who works with wood! No more clamping down objects you are tying to sand then having to sand around the clamps or constantly move the clamps. Also allows you to work the edges of a piece if need be. I am going to order eight more of these for my shop. - Cookies - Recommended - Bench Dog - Gripping'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Laptop Cooler - cookies, gripping bench dog Laptop Cooler - cookies, gripping