Monday 10 November 2008

Hugger Mugger


These blocks are great for yoga. The cork is my favorite material - firm and solid like wood, but without hard edges and not slippery on a wood floor, like the best attributes of a foam block. The only drawback is that they are heavy; foam blocks are better if you're traveling with them and need to carry your bags. Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block

This is my second Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga block. I use them for restorative poses or to help me with side angle pose, etc. I use two of these blocks for down-ward facing dog when my shoulder injuries flare up. They are high quality and the company has a history of making good products and being respectful of the enviornment and of trying to maintain fair-wage practices, in case this influences your opinions. I highly recommend them.

I recently bought 14 of these blocks for my students to use. The response has been universally positive, so far. Everyone likes the heft of the blocks. They don't fall over when you need them to remain in place. Highly recommended!

I wanted yoga blocks that are good for the environment, and these were the ones I ordered. They serve their purpose very well, but they are heavy. I wouldn't recommend them for taking to class--better used at home in your own yoga studio. I wouldn't want to carry them around.

The block weighs 1 pound more than a foam brick according to Hugger Mugger customer service. I like the sturdy feel and sustainability of the product. When it's on sale it was actually cheaper than many of the foam blocks available. It's a great purchase!

9 months later - The cork block holds up well. Some of the cork rubs off slightly from the corners (I see the powdery bits in my bag), but the block is still in great shape. I would have no reservations about buying this product again.

After checking feedback re blocks, I ordered two Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Blocks. I love them. They have increased my yoga class immensely. I can lean into a pose without fighting my current inflexibity and still benefit from the pose. Cork absorbs the sweat. A plus because yoga is amazing in that I move so little and sweat so much. I also have a pair of Danskin blocks for home practice and they get sweaty quickly, making for a bit of slippage.

I use my yoga blocks a LOT and like these Hugger Mugger blocks the best of what I've tried. The edges are rounded for a nice feel and the blocks fit into my hands nicely.



I have tried a different cork brand that was too big to hold easily and the edges were too square to be comfortable. I've also tried the bright colored foam blocks and like them for some things, but not for others - they fall over too easily in the tallest position. So for all round use, I like the Hugger Mugger blocks the best.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hugger Mugger Hugger Mugger Hugger Mugger