Friday 7 November 2008

Fios Replacement Battery - ry, ups battery replacement


Like many people in our neighborhood, our Verizon Fios back-up power unit battery went dead after about 3 years. This battery works as a replacement, and we've had solid results so far after about 3 months of continuous use. 12 Volt, 7 Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery with F2 Terminals

Update 1 year later: My FIOS BBU is beeping again, indicating that the backup battery is not holding a charge. This battery lasted less than a year but only has a 90-day warranty, so I'll be looking elsewhere for a replacement.



(original 5-star review below:)



This is an exact replacement for the original FIOS BBU battery, but at about 2/3 the price of others I've seen. Switching the batteries takes 5 minutes or less and can be done without turning off the power or the FIOS router. If your FIOS BBU is beeping, this is the cure!

This battery was dead on arrival. Seriously. Dead as a doornail. Would not buy this again and would not order from the merchant again. I should have spent the time to get a return, but I just never got around to it. You can get *charged* units like this from your local Radio Shack, I've discovered... AND, if you are using this to replace your Verizon FIOS unit, try calling Verizon first. They came out and replaced mine for FREE.

I queried AMAZON for a PX12072 this was one of the products shown and I ordered this battery for a FIOS replacement battery. It's NOT a PX12702. It was my fault, nothing in the add says it's a PX12072. I suggest that this battery not be part of the shown results from this query. I thought I was a better shopper. Darn it. Now I'm out $45 with the shipping. While the battery meets the volt and load specifications, the terminal lugs are not exactly compatible with the jumper harness that fits between the battery terminals and the FIOS device I have.

The battery was shipped in a prompt manner via US Postal Service. It was a cinch to install and it fit perfectly in place of the original battery that was there. It has worked flawlessly since being installed. The battery is being used in an Alarm system as a backup power supply. The original battery in the alarm lasted for a little over 5 years. Thus, it is too early to tell the lifespan of this one. However, it appears to be functioning normally as expected.

I was able to easily replace the original 3.2 aH (I think) battery in my APC ES 350 by snapping the spacers out in the battery compartment - a perfect fit and more than triple run time! Ordering another for my alarm system. - Ry - 12 Volt Battery - Ups Battery Replacement - Ups Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fios Replacement Battery - ry, ups battery replacement ry Fios Replacement Battery - ry, ups battery replacement