Friday 28 November 2008

Contractor Supply - battery packs, power tools


I've had 8 or 9 of these batteries in the last few years. Expect to get about 2 years at most of good power than cells start to die. Used to be that the Bosch ones were always about 80 bucks and it was better to have them rebuilt at a battery shop for about 50 bucks...now Amazon's got them new for about the same price. Great!



The Blue core is only slightly better. Not much. Just more insulation. The cells overheat and die and voltage drops off per cell (about 1.5 each). Check with voltage tester....you'll see older batteries even after recharging will be quite a bit less than new ones. (around 19 volts for new)

Rules, Don't overwork the batteries, when power starts to full off recharge and replace with new immediately. Don't run 'em down. Heat kills 'em. Keep charged batteries always nearby. I love the tools esp. the jig saw and planer and skill saw. I find the Dewalt tools also good and their batteries seem slightly more powerful but my Bosch never fail...but the batteries aren't so good buy I think that's with all 18 volts. The old Makita 9 volts lasted longer by far. Bigger means less longevity. (Lithion-ion has some problems in cold on my little bosch 10.8 tools)



finally a price about what it should be... Bosch BAT181 BlueCore 18-Volt 2.4 Amp Hour NiCad Battery

Bosch's battery life is much less than what it should be but since I have invested in almost all of the 18 volt tools Bosch offered, I needed another battery after my original died; this works perfectly and actually seems to hold a better charge or perhaps I've forgotten what a "new" battery is like since they degrade over time!



Hint: Do not run your batteries until they are discharged as that shortens their useful life!



Bosch should offer an upgrade path for all the registered owners of the "old" style tool sets to the newer battery technology!

I was very pleased with this replacement battery. It goes in my Bosch radio and I expect it will last for at least 2 years, like the original did. Even factoring in the shipping, it is still about $25 less than buying at Home Depot. - Cordless Drill - Battery Packs - Bosch - Power Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Contractor Supply - battery packs, power tools cordless drill Contractor Supply - battery packs, power tools