Saturday 18 October 2008

Running Shoes - new balance, wide toe box


I visited a local runners specialty store and tried on a few options. These were the ones that fit just right for my overpronating, flat foot. I ran down the street with them and chose them. I paid a lot for them and felt unsure about the price, but knew that the right shoe wouldn't come cheap.

I came home and did an online search for the shoe and found the cheapest price here (well, via another vendor). I ordered the shoe which matched the shoe I initially bought, and waited for it. It came in a week. It was the EXACT shoe but I found it here for $15 less. To a beginning runner, who might run into a lot of "the right" pairs on my journey, this is paramount to me. (Luckily, I was able to return the other shoes to my local retailer without an issue).

Now, I use this shoe strictly for my daily runs/jogs and my neck no longer hurts the next day. My feet don't pinch at every step anymore and I feel BALANCED with each step. This shoe feels like it was made specifically for my foot. I have wide feet, no arch, and I am a severe overpronator. I will be buying another pair soon. I feel so bad for those who are still wearing the wrong shoe. Mine has worked wonders for me. It's one less thing I have to worry about.

Specifics: the laces are fantastic! They don't come undone and I don't have to double tie them. They may appear a bit large and somewhat bulky but when you walk and run with them, all of that slips away. Having a wide foot, I thought I'd need the wide size but this shoe is spacious enough that I don't need it. The style is fine too, nothing too flashy nor too demure. All around - a GREAT shoe! New Balance Women's Wr1012 Nbx Motion Control Running Shoe,Silver/Blue,9.5 2E

These were suggested to me at a podiatrist owned shoe store. I went in thinking my custom orthotics needed some tweaking but came out wearing these shoes without orthotics. I was told to "give them 10 days" and I could return them if I didn't feel better. Being pessimistic I tried to find things wrong with them, but I couldn't. The support is so good and so comfortable I put them on as early as I can in the day and wear them straight til bedtime. My back pain is gone as is my heel pain from plantar fascitis. There's enough stability in the shoe itself I no longer have to wear the custom orthotic. I can't recommend them enough. Now, if NB could just come up with a dressy brown shoe, I'd be set. Sneakers don't exactly go with every outfit.

I have flat feet and overpronate so it is very difficult to find any tennis shoe that will be comfy, especially when working out/running. I have the much older model, 1010, but wanted to upgrade to get the new colors. I still use the older ones for any 'dirty' work around the house. Anyway, this shoe is well worth the money.

This is the second pair of these that I have gotten. The first pair lasted a year, which, for someone who wears them every day (and uses them to work out as well), is a great statement. They provide great support and stability while not looking like an orthopoedic shoe! They are still stylish AND sturdy!

These shoes are so comfortable, it's like walking on pillows! I would advise breaking them in for about a month before doing serious workouts because they did cause blisters BUT that was my own fault because they are so comfortable and didn't even feel them. Good communication with seller as well. Would buy from again and definitely no question about it, purchase these shoes over another!

I work out a lot but was never comfortable. I suffered minor back and knee pain, but pushed through anyway, thinking it was normal. Last year, my husband and I did the Insanity program, which requires a lot of jumping and bouncing around. I couldn't handle the discomfort anymore. We got these shoes and I cannot believe the difference! I have no problems with my knees and back anymore! Don't waste your money on cheap shoes. Get good ones, like these or whatever works for your foot type. New Balance are amazing and I highly recommend them!

I LOVED my NB WR1011 shoes for my step aerobics class. They kept me from rolling/twisting my ankles when moving from side to side. When I went looking for new ones, I was disappointed to find that the WR1011 was discontinued and replaced with WR1012. I went ahead and bought these anyway, hoping they'd fit and feel the same. I don't think they fit as nicely as the 1011 did, but they do keep me from rolling/twisting my ankles. I don't think the arch support is as nice as the 1011 either, but it's adequate. I like more support in my arches. Overall, I feel it's not as true to the New Balance "SL-2" fit as the 1011 was. This shoe has adequate support and still works for me, though.

Suffering for many years with plantar fasciitis has not been fun. Since I over pronate, the stability of this shoe has helped with my heel pain a lot. I wear my Birkenstock inserts in this shoe or you could insert regular or custom made orthotics (which have not worked for me in the past). Working 12-hour shifts and on my feet all day, I expect to have tired feet by the end of the day, however the sharp heel pain is slowly going away. This shoe was almost impossible to find in my area, except in specialty stores for a lot more money, so finding it here, for a lot less money and super fast shipping was a great alternative. Happy walking!

This shoe has really worked for me.. I recently had a bunionectomy and have had a difficult time feeling comfortable in my shoes. I bought this pair after reading the reviews. I added my insoles and I love them... Very comfortable.. - Wide Toe Box - New Balance - Fitness - Running Shoes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Running Shoes - new balance, wide toe box new balance Running Shoes - new balance, wide toe box