Friday 24 October 2008

Razor Blade


I think the other reviewer must have received a defective set of blades. Mine are as sharp as any I have used, were made in the USA, and cost half as much as the same size package of Mexican made blades at my local Home Depot. Advanced Tool Design Model ATD-8546 Single Edge Razor #9 Razor Blades - 100/box

I use these for all sorts of things, all without a handle or holder of any kind. The oil mentioned by another reviewer is an issue for me. Its irritates my skin a little and smells. I'll put these in the drawer for an emergency. They aren't particular sharp either. I used a fresh new one to try to open a strap on another package received the same day. These new ones were alot less sharp than the razor I've been using to open packages for the past month.

The razors were coated with a protective layer of an industrial petroleum oil containing sulfur additives. The oil was applied so excessively that the thick paper sleeves over the blades were soaked with the oil. I used the razors to trim pictures and papers, and the blades left oily stains on the paper. The sulfur additives also caused my skin to itch. Although the blades were well made and sharp, these razors would not be suitable for some home uses that require clean blades. They are definitely unsuitable for those who are allergic to sulfur additives.

I like supporting model airplane cottage suppliers but I couldn't pass up this great price on razor blades. Going through a box of 100 every few months, I can't afford not to buy these through Amazon. It's perfect to just tack these onto an order for books, DVDs, whatever and save on shipping.



These cut through balsa just fine for my needs. What else can one say about these razor blades? Not for kids. If you are clumsy, make sure you're wearing shoes while using these. Dispose of properly.



The packaging is perfect. It just screams: "I belong in your workshop." The picture on the front clearly implies: "There are sharp objects herein- watch your fingers!"



These blades work. Buy 'em and save money for more important things like original issue Geronimo Jackson LPs.



5 stars.

Good old-fashioned single-edge razor blades. They're sharp and easy to use. I use them for slashing bread before baking, for minor medical uses, for craft projects -- all sorts of things. These are just great -- I can't imagine why you'd buy more expensive ones.

I take nutritional supplements and thyroid hormone replacement. It works best for me to split my doses and spread them out during the day. Pill cutters don't work for me.. to cumbersome and slow.



I've been using single edged razor blades to do the job for close to 20 years. Buying the blades in bulk mean I'm set for years until I need to restock. I took a chance when I choose to restock with a brand that I wasn't familiar with but... hey... if you don't try, you'll never know.



These blades are working great, sharp enough to be fast and efficient. I like that they are individually wrapped, and the case is fantastic, it fits in my pill case perfectly.



I also like to make little gadgets, storage and such with cardboard. Little sorting boxes, my pill boxes. Small shelves and cubbies for sorting things on my desk. These bladed fit perfectly in my 'box cutter' blade holder and I'm back in business with my little building projects too.



I highly recommend these blades for anyone that wants good sharp AMERICAN made blades for whatever project they may have in the works.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Razor Blade Razor Blade Razor Blade