Thursday 23 October 2008

Kids Luggage - sunny, kids luggage


I love this concept, and there are lots of good reviews so i purchased this Trunki for a recent trip. My 3yo son was thrilled. And, admittedly, it was fun and easy getting him through the airport - when the closure mechanism wasn't failing. For such a great overall product, how the closure mechanism could be so crappy is beyond me. The closure mechanism (the 'nose' in the picture) is a flimsy piece of plastic barely able to cover the lid plastic, and even if you do get it closed (a trick), if it is tapped the wrong way - poof, your suitcase is open. Huge product design failure. By the time they fix it, my son will be too big to ride on one, but I will keep an eye on them because without this flaw it would be Fantastic and a great gift for a traveling 2-4 year old. Melissa & Doug Trunki Sunny (Orange)

I brought the Trunki for my 4 year old and was skeptical about it after looking at all the reviews about the trunk popping open. I pulled the trigger and bought it anyway thinking if it didn't last the trip I would return it. When it came in the mail I looked over the instructions and was scared to see special instructions on replacing the latch after it pops off. Taking a closer look at them I found that there is a few steps that you need to take to ensure the case wouldn't open. I made sure both clips slid down and locked them before letting my 4 year old on. I also didn't over stuff it with toys and stuffed animals. It worked great I didn't have any problems with the case opening. (I should mention I did have the saddle on it, however I tested it with and with out the saddle and it didn't matter the case stayed shut. I would recommend using the saddle if you think it will pop open because it would be extra security)



That being said, she loved it. She used it as a seat when eating, played on it while we waited at the gate, and rode it while I pulled her through the airport. The case fits under the seat and the over head compartment easily. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it doesn't turn easily. My daughter would use her legs to help me turn it and working together it went smooth. You have to slid the front wheels little by little to get it turning. It sounds like a pain in the butt but I was walking around the airport at a fast speed not thinking about it and I was able to weave in and out of people with minimum effort. The Trunki rolls over all the bumps we cam in contact with at the airport. My daughter only fell off twice, one time she dropped her stuff animal and thought she could get it by leaning down and scooping it up and the other was my mistake taking a corner to fast and not paying attention.



All and all I give this product 5 stars, great for kids. I am expecting it to last until my 1 year old is old enough. For the price you can't expect to much but I would say it is worth every penny or maybe worth a little more.

This is an excellent suitcase. My 4 year old was very impressed that we had bought him a ride on toy and his older sister and brother were very jealous. I imagined it was just a funky looking suitcase and the wheels wouldn't be up to much but I was pleasantly surprised at the great build quality and the very rolly wheels. It makes an excellent yet practical present as children see it as toy while adults see it as a great suitcase which is a handy airline hand luggage size.

The catches, thickness of the plastic, handles and carry strap are all great. There is a locking mechanism at both ends which is turned by a plastic key so Trunki isn't going to fall open by accident. My four year old can easily move it by himself and absolutely loves it.

Highly recommended.

After reading the other reviews, my husband and I weren't sure if we should buy a Trunki or not. We were preparing for a trip to India and looking for items to help make it an easier trip for our 2-year old. We had our reservations after reading the reviews, but we went ahead and purchased it and I'm so glad we did.



Granted, I wouldn't try to check it in at an airport, and it isn't a super high end piece of luggage (it's only $30 after all!). The only thing I could think to improve it would be to change how it opens. In a way i twould be nice if the top opens up, instead of it fully opening. We ended up packing clothes in it for the flights home because it was easier to open other bags to get toys out. But all in all, the advantages far outweighed any negatives:

- Our son rode it, pushed it, and pulled it at the airport

- Provided fun time, as well as a great way to use up some of his energy during layovers

- Turned into a good toy while overseas, as well as a great way to store the toys we took for him



Overall, I would definitely recommend purchasing a Trunki for anyone that travels a lot with an active toddler!

This product is not durable... it falls apart easily... It was more of a hassle to have it because i ended up carrying it most of the time because my daughter of 3 didn't want to pull it anymore. It can easily break too... i don't know why don't they make them stronger since kids are using them.

Oh this was soooo disappointing! We had the original Trunki and used it for years and LOVED it! It worked great on our 5th trip using it just last week. We added a new Trunki to our collection for our youngest son and it was a mess. The handles are awful and very hard to use. They fall off and, yes, I can put them back on, but the original hinges worked so great... why did they change them?



And in the airport, one of the wheels popped off and would not go back on! This was such a disappointment and I've emailed the company. I was so surprised because Melissa and Doug is usually such a great company. WHY oh WHY did they change something that worked so great? :( I want my money back for sure...



Don't buy this one. Hunt down the original... - Kids Luggage - Sunny'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kids Luggage - sunny, kids luggage sunny Kids Luggage - sunny, kids luggage