Thursday 23 October 2008

Holster - case, holster


This holster arrived and as soon as I opened the package I could tell I was going to be disappointed. The "leather" feels very thin and fake. The magnet does not come close to holding the case shut, and even when the two sides of the magnet are an inch apart, the magnets are not strong enough to pull the two sides together! The inside of the flap was already cracking and the portion of the holster that covers the phone has the thickness of newspaper. It also seems to be more paddle shaped than I remember my original case.



I immediately went down to a nearby Staples and bought an "OEM" BlackBerry case. While I paid $35 for the "real" case, it was well worth it. This case isn't worth the $10 I paid for it...Thats what I get for trying to save a few bucks!!! Just trying to save the next user from buying this junk! I cant believe that BlackBerry even makes something of such low quality!!! Is it really a BlackBerry product??? BlackBerry Leather Holster for BlackBerry Bold 9000

This case is useless. My phone will not fit in without a lot of pressure and I can't get it out again without pressing buttons I don't want to press. The magnet is not positioned correctly to activate to turnoff feature so that the phone remains active while in the case until it times out.

Some of the reviews state that this is just too small for the Bold 9000. At first, I thought this, too. But quickly realized why. And why I was wrong.



The holster that came with the phone had you slip your phone in with the screen facing away from you. This one, however, has you flip the phone around, having the screen face toward you. The case is form-fitting, so if you try to put it in the original way, it's not going to go in properly. Flip the phone around and it slips in and comes out quite smoothly.



I actually like this better because not only is the screen now completely protected (before it was slightly exposed on either side of the flap), but now when I need to answer a call, I just pull the phone out of the holster and to my ear. Before, you had to pull the phone out, flip it around and then answer. This provides a much more fluid movement.



Great product!

This is NOT a case for a BlackBerry 9000. Although labeled as a case for a 9000, there is a sticker under that label that says it is for a 9500. It is too snug for a 9000. I can squeeze a 9000 into the case, but not without pushing lots of keys on the way in and out. It also does not put the BB into sleep mode, which would mean the battery drains faster than necessary. magnets is not working. - 9000 - Case - Holster - Bold'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Holster - case, holster 9000 Holster - case, holster