Sunday 12 October 2008

Itouch Accessories - screen cover, ipod accessories


This protector is great. The product looks a little different from the picture, but its a typical screen protector for the iPod touch. The trick is to know how to put it on right, which can take alot of practice. Bubbles will occur if you've never done it before. Beware of dust and finger prints! I got mine on perfectly! There are bubbles in the edges though because my case that I use on my iPod is really tightly fitted.



Some tips on how to put it on:

- Dont peel off the plastic all the way. Peel off just half an inch or so to stick it on, then align it so that you know it will fit.

- I used a credit card to slide it on so that it covers the whole thing to prevent the bubbles.

- Slide off the plastic slowly while pressing with a card at the same time. Lift up if you see any air bubbles, and just go over it again. 5 PACK LCD Screen Protector for Apple iPod Touch 2nd Generation

Um, this product was great. It says it is for the 2nd generation, but it fits perfectly on my 3rd gen. I am very happy with my purchase, and with a price tag of $0.01 for five protectors, how can you lose?



Note: There are going to be bubbles the first few times you try to apply it, but you can work those out.

Its a really good thing that you get 5 screen protectors in an order; I had to throw away my first protector because of some technical issues. The second cover worked great; I tried to apply it slowly because I didn't want air bubbles, but I ended up just throwing the protector on and letting nature take its course. The cover really did a good job at eliminating air bubbles on its own. It left a few bubbles around the edges, but all I had to do was smooth over them with my credit card and they came out very easily.



The only big problem that somebody would have with these is that the protector doesn't fit across the entire screen. There is a microscopic bit of uncovered area around the edges, which is very annoying to nitpicky people like me. Luckily, my silicon case hides the uncovered area and really rounds out the whole look of my iPod, but if you were planning on letting your iPod go naked in the back, I'd suggest ordering a different screen protector. Other than that, I noticed that my protectors looked very scratched up when I took them out of the package, but now that its actually on my iPod, I can't really see the scratches anymore.



All in all, these are definately not top-notch, but they get the job done and you don't have much to lose considering the extremely cheap price.

These screen protectors fit my 3rd Generation iPod Touch 32GB PERFECTLY!! THE ONLY BAD THING IS THE PACKAGING!! IT COMES IN THE MAIL IN A REGULAR ENVELOPE AND KIND OF LOOKS LIKE JUNK MAIL! BUT IT DOES SAY "MEDIA MART" IN THE RETURN ADDRESS.



Besides that I had no problems putting the protector on. Out of the packaging each protector has a Step 1 side and a Step 2 side. It's not rocket science but read the entire instructions below BEFORE hand.



Clean your Touch as best you can with the provided little cloth (it's small but does the job). Step 1 says pull tab before application. So you GENTLY pull off, not the actual tab but what the tab is attached to, a layer of the protector. Carefully you then flip over to the Step 2 side (trying not to touch the surface of the protector) and align the protector from bottom to top of the touch. You align the hole in the protector with the home button on the Touch. If you align the hole up with the button perfectly then the rest will align perfectly as well. Once I align the hole with the button (it took me 2 tries) use the small side of a credit card and push upward on the protector slowly applying the protector making sure there are no bubbles. Any piece of dust or lint will cause a bubble. You may have to peel back the protector (not all the way) to remove any lint or dust if you notice a bubble that will not go away. Try using the credit card to remove any dust or lint from the protector, so you dont leave fingerprints, or use the cloth to remove anything from the Touch. Keep applying the protector with the credit card to you reach the top. Once you have the protector on the way you like it Step 2 says remove after application, so you then GENTLY pull off, not the actual tab but what it's attached to, another layer of the protector. And you're done. I was able to do this in a few minutes just take your time. I only used one protector and I'll store the rest to use later on, but if you completely mess up on your first try the good thing about this product is you have 4 more to get it right. And you can't beat the price...I paid $1.56 with shipping!! And for those who have glare issues these protectors offer no anti-glare but it doesnt bother me and I hear those expensive anti-glare protectors sometimes dont work. For the price you cant beat these screen protectors.



As for shipping I ordered on 7/19/10 and received them on 7/26/10 standard shipping to South NJ. Not great but not bad either. No tracking info was provided.

I don't know why the people were saying you get a squeegee thing to clear the air bubbles. I did not.



Also, it took me about 3 different screen protectors to get it perfect. It's somewhat my fault though because my house is dusty so dust kept creating air bubbles that wouldn't go away.



But it was really cheap and I still have 3 left (they gave me 6).



Oh and this works with the iPod touch 3G 8GB model too...

Thought I would receive saran-wrap for this price but was pleasantly surprised at the fit and quality so far. I have always bought more expensive protectors in the past (invisishield) etc but that could be over with. I do have some experience applying these things with a mini squeegee and some liquid spray from the other companies, this time not it was not needed. The application was very easy , the fit perfect and with one slide over, it went on virtually flawless!



After a few days away with my new ipod , I would definitely recommend this these screen protectors and at this price its a no brainer.....oh yea any ideas what i can do with the 4 extras :) - Ipod Touch - Itouch Accessories - Ipod Accessories - Screen Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Itouch Accessories - screen cover, ipod accessories itouch accessories Itouch Accessories - screen cover, ipod accessories