Thursday 11 September 2008

Speedlite - collapsible, diffuser


This product works extremely well. It fits my canon flash and does a great diffusion job. I've tried a lot of other diffusers and I didn't want to pay more for the Gary Fong type. This one turned out to work really well and I saved some great money. Universal Translucent Dome Flash Diffuser

I do not know why people are complaining. This is made to fit universally, so it may not fit your own flash snugly, but it has an adjustable strap. For the price, this is an excellent value. Similar equipment from Gary Fong may cost you a bundle. I have been using the equipment and extremely happy with its usability. I would recommend this product to anyone interested in diffusing the off camera flash to minimize or avoid shadows.

This unit is great for the price, I purchased 2. My Gary Fong collapsible, at twice the price, does produce a better looking picture. The Fong also seems to allow more flash through. I am using these on my off camera slave flashes and they work great for that. You have to remember you loose 1-2 stops with these. The orange dome and kicker chrome dome fit my GFong as well. That was a bonus to the purchase.

This is a pretty good alternative to the expensive Gary Fong diffusers. When I opened it, I was surprised that the diffuser was actually made of rubber and was quite see-through. The caps that go on top are made of plastic. After doing a few shots indoors, I can say that the diffuser does what it's supposed to: diffuse light. It's not going to give you miraculous shots, but it will give a more softer, more all-around flash than without it. It does take some time to learn the angles though and to properly get some of the lighting right, but after some practice, I'm sure any photographer will get used to it. My only gripe with it is that it didn't really give any instructions on how to use the product, but that's what search engines are for. Overall, you get your money's worth for this very inexpensive product.

VERY POOR QUALITY, Pieces don't fit. Seller makes it seem that this is a Gary Fong kit, it is not and the pieces not only do not fit on themselves, they also do not fit at all on Gary Fong. The translucent sleeve is too small for the domes and crome fitting pieces so they DO NOT STAY ON (falls right off in the middle of shooting), and the dome fitting pieces are too small for Gary Fong. DONT WASTE your time you will just return it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040VVIBK/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title - Flash Accessories - Diffuser - Collapsible - Flash Diffuser'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Speedlite - collapsible, diffuser collapsible Speedlite - collapsible, diffuser