Monday 22 September 2008

Paranormal Romance


With the large glut of paranormal romance titles on the market, I probably wouldn't have noticed this book if the authors hadn't advertised the story on Amazon's Kindle forum. I'm very glad they did. The book is short (I think it's technically considered a novella) but it raises a lot of interest in the series. The book is well-written and a great read. The authors manage to avoid the stereotype you see in a lot of romance novels where you have 2 people who dislike each other feel an unstoppable attraction that leads from one sex scene to another. The two main characters, Sasha and Garrick are written as believable characters who enjoy each other's company. There's a lot of build-up to the relationship. I only had two complaints - first of all, this was definitely Sasha's story. There was enough shown of Garrick to get a feel for his character, but that was it. From the description on the sequel, I think that will be addressed in the next book. Also, I felt the book ended very abruptly. The reason the characters met at the beginning (was Garrick a spy or wasn't he) wasn't really addressed or resolved. I think another paragraph could have resolved the story. On the other hand, since the next book has the next meeting of the same characters, I suspect there will be a mention of the first meeting. The book definitely fulfilled the purpose of the authors' initial notice on the Kindle forum. As soon as I finished the story, I immediately purchased the next book in the series. I'll be very interested in new works by these authors and I hope the third book is available soon. Uncovered Passion

This story is a teaser to get you hooked on the book that follows. It's short and ends abruptly without any idea of how it will end. If I had known this I would not have purchased it. Since it is just a teaser, it should have been free. It is an usual story about a young woman in Russia who can read minds and is being controlled by the government. Don't buy it unless you are willing to buy the others that come after it in the series. I won't as it's too unbelievable to me.

Poor grammar is scattered throughout this novelette, and the situations are contrived and uninteresting. The language is somewhat graphic and blunt - I don't think this would appeal to many female readers; rarely did I feel any emotional identification with the characters. The female protagonist's moral difficulties that go along with being able to read other people's minds is not explored, which seems a waste of a good opportunity - I was mildly curious as to what the male protagonist's secret is, but not nearly enough to suffer through the next installment of this series. There is much better erotic paranormal fiction out there - I'd say skip these authors until they at least have more experience or a better editor.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Paranormal Romance Paranormal Romance Paranormal Romance