Monday 8 September 2008

Nintendo Ds Games - kids, video games


I gave this to my daughters (ages 9 and 6) yesterday as an early Christmas present. They got it when they got home from school and did not want to quit playing it. They said it is a lot of fun. The 6-year old had a little bit of trouble with some of the reading of tasks you were supposed to perform, but once someone helped her with the hard words, she was able to complete the tasks. If you have a daughter that likes American Girl dolls and DS games, this is a great combination. American Girl: Julie Finds a Way

My 10-year old niece LOVED receiving this game, collects AG dolls and received Julie from another relative. Games within DS included "making crafts" like beading a necklace, she thought it was interesting to do this via the DS when she enjoys making crafts herself.

I gave this game to my daughter for her 12th birthday. In one day, she's played it about 3 or 4 hours. She really likes it, but she's about 2/3 of the way through the story. I don't think she'll play it much once she's finished, so I think she'll get at most about 10 hours of play from it.



My daughter is one who has never cared much for the American Girl books about the characters (though she likes the magazine, dolls and accessories), but she said this is much more fun than the "Meet Julie" book would be. She likes getting to choose what Julie wears, and completing the various missions. She says the mini-games aren't too hard, and some of them are pretty fun.



The only other DS game she really likes is Animal Crossing.



She said her 8 year old brother wouldn't like it because the most violent thing that happens is a plant falls out a window!

My girls got this game for Christmas. The game requires a lot of reading and can be challenging at times. My 9 year old is 85% through the game. She likes the story mode better than the mini games. Some of the activities through out the story really require puzzle solving skills and creativity.



Unless you plan on playing it with your child, I recommend this to good readers only. You can read more about the game at http://www.dolldiaries.com.

I just got this game and I have played it for 4 in a half hours andit is a lot of fun I am 12 years of age. I got to say I did get stuck on the christmas present thing! Also I am stuck right know on the shopping for food!

My daughter, who also reads the Julie books and has the Julie doll, absolutely loves this game. She's new to the DS and plays this one more than any other game. I'm not sure if she'll play it much after the entire game is "solved" though... it seems like it may have less "longevity" than some of the puzzle style games.

This game is really fun. It involves a lot of reading, but still is fun. I would reccomend it to somebody who has read her series. The minigames can get hard, and the instructions are a little hard to understand. I reccomend it ages 8 and up.

My 8 yr. old daughter received this game for Christmas & can't get enough of it! She loves it!

She doesn't have a Julie doll but has a few other American Girl Dolls but it doesn't seem to matter to her!

Happy to find it on Amazon...looked everywhere for this game...ToysRUs, Walmart, Meijer, & KMart.

American Girl: Julie Finds a Way My granddaughter is very much into American Girl as well as Nintendo DS- She received the doll Julie as well as the video game and was very thrilled. We received the game promptly. The game is extremely difficult to go from one level to another. (My granddaughter is 10).

I was really disappointed in this Nintendo DS game. The graphics are very poor and Julie's movements are really awkward. You are perpetually standing behind her looking at the back of her head and it is just not very intuitive to try to move her around that way. I suppose it is to make you feel like you are "in" the game, but it is really just lame. My daughter seems to like the game ok, but it is not one she plays a lot. She got stuck on a mini game (making Christmas decorations) and I had to help her past it. While I was playing the game myself, I was frustrated that there was no way to escape the min games if you couldn't figure out the solutions or didn't want to play them. I also didn't like the fact that you are forced to move through a specific story line instead of being able to explore and progress through the story on your own. So, I have to give this game a low score for poor graphics, awkward character movement and inability to escape the mini games. I really expected a better product from American Girl. They maybe need to stick with dolls and books and not bother with video games!



There was one plus - that you can have several games saved, which is nice when daughter shares her games with mom and little sister. - Nintendo Ds Games - Nintendo Ds - Kids - Video Games'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Nintendo Ds Games - kids, video games kids Nintendo Ds Games - kids, video games