Monday 8 September 2008

Adjustable - adjustable, lighters


Good idea with the adjustable flame but sadly this lighter just didn't cut it. After only 2 days it stopped igniting consistently, even though it had plenty of butane. Even when it was working properly, the flame adjustment was awkward because the lighter must be on for it to work. Currently it works about 1/20 attempts. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the lighter - except for the fact that it just won't ignite. Would not recommend. Switch Flame Butane Torch Pipe Lighter #109

This lighter arrived quickly and well packaged. The price of ten dollars was quite reasonable for the quality look, feel, and performance. The flame is adjustable with a little black collar from over a half inch pinpoint that looks like it could solder wire connections, to a one inch diffuse flame suitable for lighting deep set candles or your uncle's cigar.



The black collar changes the air/fuel mix, so you're controlling both the flame shape and temperature with it. Just like in chemistry class - remember? There is also a fuel flow control adjustment on the bottom, but I saw no good reason to fiddle with it, given the ample flame size out of the box.



There is a sliding lock just under the thumb button, which should keep most children from harm's way.



It works upside down, so it might be handy for lighting my charcoal chimney a little faster than the long lighter I now use.



In truth, I didn't really need another lighter, but it just looked so cool in the picture. My only other use for such a lighter is in a hiking pack or emergency/survival kit for lighting damp firewood - backed up by some waterproof matches, of course.



Oh yes, I almost forgot about the obligatory July 4th festivities. My sense of it is that the pinpoint flame is less likely to light more of the fuse than I intended, and more quickly light a typical sparkler. So, I can tell my wife that it's a safety precaution.



Finally, for my fellow gourmands, this could be the perfect bargain tool for that creme brulee recipe that you've been meaning to try out.



Bon appetit!

I like this lighter allot! the shape may be inconvenient to some people but I love it. Great for lighting pipes and the lower flame setting can light a cone style incense much easier than a Zippo style lighter.

$20 is a bit steep but I am still satisfied with it and highly recommend it!

I'm suspicious of the 1 star rating that's on here because I've had this lighter for several months now and it's solid as a rock. I think the other reviewer was just careless and dropped it a bunch. I would give this lighter 5 stars but it didn't like the universal butane refill I had (ronson)so I'm having to buy another and hope it works. I WOULDN'T do as the other review said and buy a cheap butane from walmart, I have one and it's the nicest one they had ($20) and it's still awful compared to this lighter. I use this to light my hookah coals and it works great to keep my hand away from heat or sparks. I could possibly see that if you dropped it really hard it could break where the barrel attaches to the grip but the whole quality of the lighter feels really solid and not cheap and the push down button feels really high quality like it would last for a long time. I would buy the zippo refill and stay away from the ronson one, but I think the problem is with the butane refill and not the lighter.

You get what you pay for. A cheap lighter for a cheap price. This lighter broke within the first day of having it. It was having trouble lighting, but I attributed that to how all torch flames work. However, this lighter eventually stopped sparking. You can still use it, but you have to light it with a match or another lighter.

This torch did not work - at all. I received this and no fire from the get go. I could see the flint with every click but there was no fire. I decided to refill it with my butane gas but no response. I tried turning the dial to the "+" side but no difference made. It came in an elaborate case but no directions. I exchange it with the seller for a working one to give it a second chance (due to the rave reviews I read)but the second one did the same thing. I just returned it. What a waste of time. I wanted it for a creme brulee recipe but it's been on hold due to this transaction for a month.

It's $10. You get what you pay for. Is not wind proof (or even resistant, both types of flames can easily be blown out).



However, the company is very reliable and will take care of any problems you might have.



I gave this a five star review because as a $10 "fancy" lighter, it's worth about $10. It's not a *bad* $10 lighter, but it's not a great lighter in general. If I was comparing this to better lighters, it would have about a 2 star rating.



As I said, you get what you pay for.

I received this item and was immediately impressed. This lighter has a very sturdy feel and weight to it. It comes pre-filled with butane. And the flame is the largest and most intense of any butane lighter I have ever used. The product picture is no exaggeration. It looks almost identical to real life. Also, the gas adjustment is very easy to use, so you can reduce the flame easily if you don't want to burn the crap out of whatever you are lighting.

I've had this lighter for a while now and refilled it a few times. It fills cleanly and holds a lot of butane (I use Zippo butane). It lights reliably and the flame is fully adjustable. It works at any angle. It seems to be very sturdily built and well designed.



A great pipe and cigar lighter. Easily the best butane lighter I've ever bought.

This torch is crazy hot. I'm not sure if it's too hot for pipe tobacco smoking, which is what I intend to use it for. You'd have to put it on the lowest setting for that, and it's still a hot blue flame, hot enough to solder with. This torch should light any tobbaco product in a second that's rolled like a cigarette or cigar, disregarding any wind. They ship assorted, the picture shows a black one but I received a kind of cheesy metallic blue. I'll put a video review up once I've used it for a few months. - Lighters - Lighter - Adjustable - Butane'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Adjustable - adjustable, lighters butane Adjustable - adjustable, lighters