Sunday 28 September 2008

Mens Dress Watches - mens dress watches, watches


I purchased this watch for my husband for Christmas. He loves the look of the watch. It does have a large face, however, my husband prefers that look in his watches. I was not looking to purchase a watch with a leather band, however, the look of the watch sold me despite the leather band. Even with the leather band, the latch system on this watch makes it easy to take the watch on and off, even for my husband who is left handed but wears his watch on his left wrist. Also, the automatic self wind works well, even when the watch sat for a few days, it did not lose time. I would not hesitate to purchase a Stuhrling watch again. He has received a ton of compliments on this beautiful watch! Stuhrling Original Men's 135A.33152 Lifestyle 'Eclipse II' Automatic Date Watch

My sons gave this as a gift for the 2009 Christmas. It is a very nice time piece. I have received several compliments. The watch looks and it is of high quality. I love watches, own several and I can say with out a doubt that this is my favorite.

I prefer watches that are unique in design and presentation, whether they are costly or merely curiosities. This Sturhling really hit the mark with a quality timepiece sporting outstanding construction and workmanship at a reasonable cost.



To be sure, I'm in an office environment where my cuff normally falls over the watch's face so I have no context to report sporting or otherwise rough activities. That said, there are plenty of things to hit in offices: neither my crystal nor any of the metal is scratched after a quarter of intermittent wear. And the time keeping is spot on: at this price point I don't expect level one accuracy of only a few seconds' variance over a long time period. And yet, the Sturhling doesn't dissapoint, losing only a touch of time over several weeks' wearing.



Another note: much of the time, I do wear the watch interchangeably with several others in my lineup. Thus, it has seen more than its share of autowinding, rewinding, time/date re-synchronization, and on deployment use. Nothing is loose, nothing has broken, and nothing is in any manner "less than" when I began wearing it.



Note: this review is for the silver bezel model. There are other colors, too, if you are interested all available on Amazon.



(And yes, if you're looking from some comments from coworkers, this will earn them...)



Enjoy!

There I go again:



Pros:

- Beautiful automatic watch, love the blue and white combination and the three dials; hour and minutes (top), seconds (bottom) and indication whether it is 5 am or 5 pm (left)

- Date function (below, left of seconds dial

- Small crown

- Special allignment of all functions

- Deployment clasp



Cons:

- In my opinion there is only one downside to this watch (so far), the leather strap. Firstly, instead of having two little fold over thingies (I don't know the word for it) to hold the strap, the strap for this watch only has one! Therefore, if you wear the watch the one thingie moves to the clasp automatically, leaving the end of the strap unattended which (a) doesn't look nice, but rather cheap and (b) makes the end of the strap curl.

Secondly, the leather strap is rather stiff and too shiny which again makes it look very cheap.



Overall:

Great watch for its price, nice timepiece to have in your collection. Get rid of the strap as soon as possible and buy yourself a proper one.

I thought it looked cool and I'm a fan of automatics and mechanicals so this one was of interest. Plus, the dial is different without being a negative different, if you know what I mean. Its very stylish and gets a lot of positive compliments. A lot of watches say that they look a lot like a watch that costs thousands more but that isn't really true. It is true about this Eclipse II though. I'm very pleased with it and it is a big time keeper for me. I'm not even a Stuhrling fan but I do love this line and I'm looking to get another one.

The watch is stylish and striking. However, the watch runs fast. In fact, I returned the first watch because it gained a couple of minutes a day. The replacement watch did as well, but not as fast. I contacted Stuhrling Original and they offered that my reported "time-gain" fell within their tolerances (i.e. they know it runs fast).



So, if you can tolerate a fast watch and have no issue adjusting the time every couple of days, I can recommend purchasing the watch. Just understand what you are getting.

This watch caught my eye the first time I saw it on Amazon.com. I was waiting for an occasion where I could wear such a beautiful watch and was rewarded with an invitation to a friend's wedding. I ordered the watch and it arrived as expected with Amazon PRIME.



The packaging was top-notch and the presentation was phenomenal. I opened the well-designed box and was in awe. The watch was as beautiful in person as it was online. However, scale was a surprise. The watch face was much larger than I'm accustomed to and my first thought was that it would look like an alarm clock strapped to left wrist. How weird is that?!



Anyway, I wore the watch to wedding and received countless compliments. I'm happy. They're impressed and I now pronounce you man and wife. Ya!



Buy the watch. It's sexy-cool.

I was looking to add an automatic watch with a leather band to my collection, and Stuhrling watches kept coming up in my searches. After some reasearch on the company, I thouhgt I could not go wrong especially as Amazon was having a great sale. The watch is very nice and as usual it looks even better in person. Setting the watch was very simple given the instructions from Stuhrling. So far everything is great and as advertised. It took me a while to figure out how to use the deployment clasp, maybe some instructions on how to do that would have been nice, but now that I have I can see this is a very nice feature and a sign of a quality item. The leather band is very nice and you can tell it is not the cheap kind of leather. I have only been wearing the watch for a day and have already had some compliments on it. It is a very cool watch with a nice combination of retro and modern look.



This is an update: I have to go down to two stars, because the power reserve on this watch is 8 hrs or less. Compared to my Sieko automatic, not even close. It seems like every time I look at the watch, I need to wind it. Still looks great, but if it doesn't work well, not much of a watch. I am sending back to Amazon today for a refund. Will look at a higher end automatic. - Mens Dress Watches - Dress Watches - Casual Watch - Watches'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mens Dress Watches - mens dress watches, watches dress watches Mens Dress Watches - mens dress watches, watches