Saturday 20 September 2008

Cordless Tool Accessories


This battery charger is extremely efficient except for one thing.........if the battery to be charged is on its last legs, attempting to use a new charger on that battery will burn out the charger! No cautionary information accompanies the new charger! 18V BATTERY CHARGER (World Factory 60109004)

I got this charger for an 18V cordless drill that was given to me missing a charger. Since the drill itself was free, I didn't want to spend a bundle on a charger, and this unit fit the bill (pardon the pun).



I had to enlarge the photo to make sure it would fit the shape of my battery pack. It did. But at first the charger would not work. That is, the red light didn't come on and no charging was happening. This was probably due to this being a replacement charger, not the original. The negative connection on the charger was going to unused connection on the battery pack. This was an easy fix for a tech. I opened my battery pack and soldered a wire from its existing negative terminal, to where the charger's neg term was, and voila, charge on.



The charger and the battery battery both get warm / hot while charging. I recommend placing them both in the airstream of a desk fan... seems to keep things cool and happy.



It was a good fit. Right on the price. Unit works for me.

I received this -- opened-- so when I plugged it in-- I thought it would charge my battery. I returned after 8 hours only to find a dead battery. When I contacted Deerso (World Factory)--- the company for a return and replacement for another one that was NOT opened -- they said that I had to contact AMAZON for a replacement. I have been with Amazon for a while and this is the first I have encountered this

type of transaction. I would have so MUCH trepidation and hesitation to recommend this product and company before purchasing from it.

Another example of imported trash. This charger lasted less than a day. It overheated to the point you could hardly touch it and that was the only thing it did. Certainly didn't charge the battery. In My opinion, it's a fire hazard.

The charger for this tool set is the weak link. Ordered a (new in package) replacement after the original charger stopped working after very little use. Received the charger and monitored the charge as not to over charge. The 1st replacement charger worked for 3 and 1/2 hours before quitting. Contacted the shipper and they sent a new one right out. This time I placed a fan blowing toward the charger in case this was a over heating issue. The second replacement lasted 2 and 1/2 hours. Now I have a bag full of good tools that are worthless because the chargers will not work and cannot recharge the batteries. Very disappointing product!!!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Tool Accessories Cordless Tool Accessories Cordless Tool Accessories