Saturday 20 September 2008

Air Compressor - lightweight, inflator


I have owned this tool for almost a year now, and have used it regularly to maintain tires at proper pressure. Easy to use, reliable, light is useful when needed.



A tad noisy if I want to find a fault with it. Campbell Hausfeld RP3200 12-Volt Inflator and Worklight

This unit is very compact, and is also very powerful for its size. The

electrical plug-in is plenty long, and the air hose is also sufficient.

I would recommend this unit to be carried in your vehicle, car or truck,

or be left in your garage or workshop for use. I'm glad I purchased

this unit

The RP3200 inflates the tire, the automatic feature operates as advertised and the device is easy to operate.



At the same time, these observations should be noted:

The vibration that occurs when it is operating is such that the device must be held down or it will jump around.

The inflation valve goes on easily, but some force is required to remove it. In the process, some air escapes from the tire.

The inflation hose and the power cable must be folded carefully in order to store them in the compartment provided on the back of the RP3200.



I would recommend this product.

It is nearly impossible these days to find an air hose at a gas station. Especially a WORKING air hose! This cheap little gadget solves that problem. I've had it for a little over 2 years, and find it indispensable. It's super-simple to use, and I love how it shuts off when your desired air-pressure has been reached, so you don't have to disconnect the air hose, check pressure, reconnect the hose, and try again...and again.



As others have mentioned:

It is noisy [but have you ever heard a quiet air compressor??];

It jitters around a bit on the ground while it's working [but I don't see that as a problem -- after all, it can only go so far while the air hose is attached to your tire's valve stem];

The coupling seal is so secure that it's impossible to remove it from the valve without losing a little bit of air (so, you simply adjust for that by putting in an extra 2-5 PSI to begin with); and

You can only plug it into your car's 12V power outlets -- you can't plug it into an home AC outlet.

And yes, you do need a little bit of patience (about 60-90 seconds' worth) to coil the air hose and the power cord back into the little cubby area. Hint: Start with the air hose first, then coil the power cord, "nest-like," concentrically within the air hose coil.



It's not fancy, and it's clearly not built for heavy-duty, frequent use. But when you need it, it does the trick. Just last night, upon starting my car to drive home after a grueling work day, the warning came on the dash that 2 of my tires were low in pressure. It had started to snow, the wind was whipping, and it was bone-chillingly cold. The last thing I wanted to do was drive around in search of a working air hose. Thanks to this little gem, all I had to do was pull into the comfort of my own garage and hook it up (after letting my tires cool so the pressure readings would be accurate). Fifteen minutes later, all my tires were inflated to the correct pressure, and I was snug & warm inside my home.



This $26 gadget is a little life-saver (and sanity-saver); it's a gotta-have-it tool for your trunk or garage!

My car is parked at a location without AC power so I keep this small 12V pump in the trunk. It has a compartment that stores the power cord and air hose. The power cord is long enough to reach both tires on each side of the car. The pump is reasonably quick to inflate considering it is 12V. There is a built-in pressure gauge and flash light. I highly recommend it!

I bought this item to replace an old Interdynamics compressor that finally stopped working. The Campbell compressor inflates tires pretty quickly and is easy to use. However, a couple of warnings:

1. You will have to fiddle around to get the inflation cut-off point right. I had to set it to about 40 p.s.i. to get 32 p.s.i. to remain in the tires. The air chuck makes a very tight connection to the valve stem and you lose at least 5 p.s.i. while removing it.

2. The little compartment for the air hose and power cord is useless: You'll never get both back in there without a lot of work. I use it only for the air hose and just wrap the power cord around the unit.

3. The unit is noisy and vibrates quite a bit. It was dancing around my concrete garage floor so much that I just hold it in my hand while it's working.

My previous inflator, another brand, which I had for 10 years finally bit the bullet. I ordered this and love the way it shuts itself off when the proper tire pressure is reached. At first I thought it was broken but I had the dial set improperly, it works great. I would never travel without one of these. Makes it easy to keep your tire pressure set without hunting down a service station that has a working tire inflator.

This equipment met my expectations. It is worth the money you pay for it. The automatic shut off feature is simple to use and works fine. It inflates fairly quickly too. Faster than few inflators which I have used before. I recently used it to fully inflate a totally flat tire. It took only about 4 minutes. I recently bought another unit for my wife from amazon.

After 10 years, my basic Campbell Hausfeld Inflator gave up the ghost.

That unit fixed many bike tires, filled up numberous slow leaks in our Vehicle tires letting us get to a tire repair station and not have to put on the spare tire. The new unit RP3200 is the same basic model in that it plugs into the cigarette lighter. After all, how many times is BOTH your car battery and tire in need of service at the same. Larry "O" - Portable 12v Air Compressor - Lightweight - Inflator - Air Pump'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Air Compressor - lightweight, inflator air pump Air Compressor - lightweight, inflator