Tuesday 1 November 2011

Light Weght Poncho


This is exactly what it says on the package - "Emergency Poncho". Do not expect to pay a dollar or two and get a London Fog raincoat!



The poncho is made of thin plastic, about the thickness of a decent plastic disposable dropcloth that you'd use for painting. Mine are orange, but I'm not sure they're available in other colours (I would've preferred clear, or blue, perhaps). I believe they are meant for single-use only, and are not meant for manhandling or extreme activity.



It was easy to use and put on, and has a built-in hood (the hood has no drawstring, but I didn't expect on at this price). The poncho comes in a small, thin packet that is very easy to take along anywhere. It is a "one-size-fits-all" thing, and fit my 6', 200+ lb companion just fine. Not sure how it would go on someone who's 350 lbs, but would be perfectly fine for the "average" adult.



I bought these because I was going to Stonehenge and the English weather can be rather unpredictable. As it turned out, it did rain - and I was fully prepared! Thanks to this little poncho, which took up nearly no space in my handbag, I was able to stay out there and take lots of pictures while others could not do so without ending up cold, wet, and miserable.



For the price, it is certainly worth grabbing some of these for travel if there's a chance of rain, because it's better than carrying an unused umbrella or jacket around all day, should the rain hold off. I've now got a couple in the glove compartment of my car, too, just in case. I also use one when I have to work outside in the yard when it's raining.



I would not hesitate to buy these again, when I run out. Emergency Poncho, Emergency Rain Gear, Weather Protection, Emergency Zone® Brand

The forecast for my trip to Walt Disney World called for rain and thunderstorms so I bought some emergency ponchos. When I first arrived I felt dumb because I saw all these people wearing Disney Ponchos and I thought at first I wasted my money, but actually turns out these emergency ponchos are pretty awesome.



They are extremely light and small to carry around before you take them out of their packaging. So they don't take up much space before you need them. Also they are extremely cheap (I bought 8 for 99 cents each) so they are disposable, which is nice. You use it for a day (if you even need it) then at the end of the day rather than drying it out or trying to re-pack it, you just toss it and carry around a new package the next day (if you need it). Also I was worried at first these ponchos would be small. I'm 5'9 and 220 lbs. It fit fine, and even over myself AND my camelbak. Also as a poncho, it works. it keeps you dry and the hood is nice.



Here's my only negatives with these ponchos. The hood isn't nice though when it's windy because it doesn't stay on your head. maybe wearing a baseball cap would help. Also the ponchos are extremely thin like paper thin. So although it keeps you dry, if the rain is cold, you're going to feel cold and wet, even though you're not actually getting wet. And lastly one of my eight ponchos the sleeve opening basically was open all the way to the bottom. So I had to tie the poncho at the end so it wouldn't blow completely open.



Anyway considering I paid about $12-13 after shipping for 8 disposable ponchos as opposed to the $10-15 for a poncho I'd have to hang dry every night and figure out how to repack every morning. I think it was money well spent. I actually ended up with a few extras from our trip which stores nicely in my car's glove compartment for true emergencies.



~G

I picked up a couple of these for a recent trip to Central America. They were easy to pack and didn't take up a lot of room. They're easy to carry along, in a purse or pocket, not matter where you are going.



These are cheap plastic. They are meant to be disposed of after wearing. I would not recommend this product for somebody who is in need of a good poncho again and again. Instead, you should look into something a bit thicker. If you're planning a trip where you aren't sure you'll need rain protection and want something small that will help you stay dry, these will work great.

I carried one of these in my back pocket at Disney. It's the perfect size for portability, it fit in the back pocket of my jeans nicely. Worked great. Just toss it when your done. I'm buying some more for my next trip.



update: I just realized the price jumped to 3.99. These used to be .99 cents. For a buck they were great, not sure they're worth 3.99. They did work great, but great for .99 cents -- you could just toss them when your done since they were only a buck.

Bought two of these and two children ones for a trip to Disney World. They didn't take up much room in the bag we took to the park and they kept us nice and dry on the second day when it rained. After they dried out I even folded them back up and put them back in the bags. Took up a little more room when they were refolded but not much and defiantly better then having to carry around rain coats.

These rain ponchos worked perfectly for our Disneyworld trip. They are very small and lightweight to carry, and open up big enough to reach to the knees and elbows of a 6 foot man. They are made of very thin plastic, so they won't hold up more than a day or so, but they are cheap enough to be disposable at the end of the day.



These are too big for children. Get the Children's Emergency Poncho for them ( Children's Emergency Poncho, Weather Protection, Rain Gear )

After the rain your shoulders will be dry and your hair sopping wet.

This is absolutely a disaster if there is the slightest breeze. The head covering needs to be held to keep it from sliding off.

A dry cleaner bag would do a better job and be less expensive.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Light Weght Poncho Light Weght Poncho Light Weght Poncho