Monday 10 October 2011

Nexus One - soft, case


The Otterbox impact case is probably one of the better "rubber" cases out there. It doesn't stick to your pocket lining, it fits the phone exactly. I've bought several rubber and silicone cases since I got the phone, and I was never happy until the Otterbox. All the holes and indentions for the camera and buttons are perfect. On "other" cases, the holes or buttons would be off by a millimeter or so. Also, the rubber makes it stick to my pocket lining like velcro. Lastly, the other cases seem to be soft, meaning that the sides to the left and the right of the screen tend to be loose. I can't say how much I like this case and would highly recommend it. Otterbox Impact Case for Google Nexus One

Frankly, what you see is what you get.



My pros:

The case feels dense enough to protect the phone from impact, and it was easy to stretch it around the phone.

It's a sticky rubber case so it won't fall out of your pockets, but may drag your pocket lining out when reaching for the phone.



My cons:

The part of the case that surrounds the light sensor and charge light on the front of the phone is very thin. It may break if you take your cases off a lot.

The screen protector had a sticker on it to assist in the application of the protector. It's the kind of sticker that doesn't un-stick cleanly, leaving behind the paper & glue backing on the protector. My attempts to remove the backing caused the protector to become irreparably dirty, thereby becoming useless.

This is a thicker version of the cheap, rubber cases that I see all over the place. The only difference seems to be extra padding across the entire surface of the case. It goes without saying that the padding makes the case more bulky than the other rubber cases out there. It also makes it much harder to use the power and volume buttons. You might get used to it.



The padding looks like it would work if I dropped my phone, but I'm not about to test it myself.

First of all this case arrived a day early, beauty. Once i opened the case i noticed it was well-made and had an awesome feel to it. Didn't add much to the bulk factor of the nexus but was thick enough to assure me that my phone would be protected if i managed to somehow drop it. Soft to the touch. The grip is alright on tables and stuff didn't grip well to my jeans while i had it on my lap on the bus. but definitely keeps the phone from slipping out of my hands when texting in precarious positions. The case requires you push the power and volume buttons a bit harder but nothing extreme.



I gave it 4 stars because the screen protector that came with it was chaotic at best. I put it on just as shown in the pictures that came with it (awesome feature) slowly applying with the install card and working my way down. Once i got it on i realized that the install card had already created numerous scratches on the screen protector. it may have removed the bubbles, but now it was all scratched up. I decided that didn't bother me much and continued to remove the sticker that was used to separate the screen protector. First off it ripped so i had to slowly start picking at it and removing it piece by piece, once i got it removed there was still a layer of paper and glue left on it. I got rid of the paper layer after a while but the sticky part never came off, that was where i decided i had to remove the protector and just throw it out.



Seeing as i wanted only the case, the screen protector was an added bonus that just happened to go sour. That is why i gave it a 4 out of 5. If your going to include the protector make sure it works first. Overall I'm an extremely happy customer and would recommend this product to all nexus one owners :)

I'm really happy with this case. I've dropped the phone a few times since, and have no worries about it. It has a low profile and has holes in all the right places. The sides have texture and it slides in and out of the pocket smoothly. Definitely worth the price.

This is the only case I bought for my Nexus One. I used it for months without a case and figured I was tempting fate.



The fit when I first bought the case was exquisite, although the case made the phone much bulkier than I was used to. It seems very well made to the dimensions of the phone. My only complaint was that it's a little hard to find the wake-up button on the top of the phone through the rubber.



However, after several weeks of use the case seemed to stretch out. It might have been just regular use, or it might have been the one time I dropped my phone into a snow bank and pulled the case off frantically to dry off my phone. (The case did manage to keep my phone relatively dry and it was completely undamaged.) The stretching out hasn't been too bad, but it is loose enough at the top and bottom that waking up the phone is up to extremely annoying from mildly irritating.



The rubber of the case also sticks to the inside of my pocket, and now that it's spring and I'm not wearing huge coats with huge pockets, this and the added bulk is a pain and I've stopped using it altogether.



If you're constantly banging, dropping, or beating your phone with a hammer, you'll love this case. Other users, your mileage may vary. - Soft - Case - Otterbox - Padded'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


padded Nexus One - soft, case