Tuesday 25 October 2011

Fingerprints - screen cleaner, lcd


I bought these cloths a week ago on Amazon. I have used one of them for the last few days. I have cleaned my 35mm lenses and it did a great job. Better yet was the job it did on my iPad. It might be my imagination but I was able to remove fingerprints and smudges from the iPad screen with less rubbing than with my standard lens cleaning cloth. Another plus for this cloth if you are an iPad user is the cloth is the exact size of the screen. When I am not using my iPad I leave the cloth spread over the screen for added protection. I have a fold over case for the iPad and it keeps the cloth in place.



I have not used the cloth enough to require washing so I don't know how it will hold up. With the pack of five I got for $10.00 including shipping, I am not that worried anyway. I gave one of these cloths to a friend who also has an iPad and he really likes it.



I never thought I would be writing about a cleaning cloth, but when you get a good product, I think it is good to share your results with others. New Microfiber Cleaning Cloth $0.80 each, Pack of 5, for electronic devices, cell phones, digital cameras, lens, TVs, iPod, iPad, iPhone, glasses, sunglasses, Blackberry, Nokia, Droid, Xoom, Dell, HP, Sumsang, LG, Cannon, Nikon, and others

These are great lens cleaning cloths. You don't have to press; just a gentle swipe and it avidly vacuums up smudges and particles. It's definitely made from some woven materiel. Has the feel and texture of light suede, but a very fine, spongy micro structure (micro-filaments?). Each generously sized cloth is serged with thread around the edges. I would be reluctant to run the serged edges over a lens; but I'm sure you'd be too. Not a problem; there is ample (I measure 9.5"X6.25") area for cleaning without approaching the edges. It doesn't seem to be coated with silicone rubber like some lens cloths I've used; those have a silky, sticky plastic surface; these feel -- fuzzy. The silicone cloths work great, but these "micro-fiber" cloths are equivalently effective in cleaning lenses. I would unhesitatingly recommend them.

I lost an eye glass cloth I had been using to wipe away finger prints and smudges on my ipad and was looking to replace it. I tried another microfiber cloth which seemed to be made of a thin, rayon/nylon type material designed for use on computer screens. It did nothing but move the fingerprints and smudges around on the screen. Then I bought a 5 pack of these cloths. Wow, what a difference. They were much thicker and larger than I expected. They are almost exactly the size of my iPad screen. Unlike the last cloth I tried, these mop up fingerprints with ease and make my iPad screen look clean and clear with only a few swipes. Definitely a great product at an extremely good price.

I bought these for my Tablet PC which gets hand smudges all over it. Since they were cheap, I figured it was worth a shot since I needed new cloths.

These ones, unfortunately, are the type of cloth that are not a fine weave of silky smooth threads that you see in higher-end cloths used for camera lenses or the type you get from an optometrists office. These cloths are the type that feel and look like a piece of compressed fibrous pulp into a single sheet. (These are very similar to the cloths that Apple provides with their computers. In fact, I think these are -- just without the Apple logo on it. Anyone who has used Apple's cloths knows they're borderline useless.) They work well for the first few wipes of a screen, glasses, etc, but after that the cloth will be more likely to just smear the smudges and grease around rather than pick it up. By this point, a LOT of cleaning solvent will be needed to made a surface smudge free. You'll have to wash these cloths thoroughly often to get them to become effective again.



The more silky "woven" type of cloth picks up smudges and grease a LOT better without the need for as much / if any solvents. These ones here will do in a pinch, especially for their cheap price, but you'll have to keep an additional bottle of cleaning spray on hand if you want to keep your things really clean. They also just don't feel anywhere near as "soft" as most others I've owned and used in the past.



I would not (and have not) used these on my camera equipment because I just don't find them soft enough for the job.

I have been using these for my iPad for the last month. I always keep two tucked inside the top of the iPad screen holder where they hang out when I close then folder.



The two microfiber wipes completely cover the iPad screen.



My iPad is now virtually fingerprint & smudge free!!!

These cloths work great, I've been using them on my iPad for weeks and they're amazing. Even when I have not cleaned the screen after a few hours of heavy use, when it is completely COVERED in greasy fingerprints from my five year old nephew these things make it look like brand new. The screen shines and looks perfect without any solvents at all. Just ordered a second set of five the other day I was so happy with them, im giving them to a friend that has an ipad. For 80 cents or whatever it comes out to for each one you can't lose. - Laptop - Cleaning - Screen Cleaner - Lcd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information