Friday 30 September 2011

Razr Battery - razr battery, motorola


Like the other review stated, the battery lasts only about a year. But, not to put too fine a point on it, I'd like to add the timeframe is independent on usage. In otherwords, the batteries don't seem to 'keep' well.



I just purchased a 'new' battery from Amazon, and although it was unused (as advertised), it was manufactured over a year ago. Despite this, the battery worked perfectly for the first month, but eventually it began to lose ability to hold a charge. At the end of six weeks time it was performing as poorly as the original I replaced.



In a fit of mild disgust I tromped down to the T-Mobile store where I caved in and bought an overpriced (but 'fresh') battery. So far, the new one has behaved fine. My standby and talk times are back up to what they were when I purchased the phone. (Approx 2.5 days w/ light usage, and about 4 hours straight talk time.)



Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with the batteries, per se, but I think you will get a better bang for the buck if you manage to find a 'fresh' one. For me, the surest way to do that was to go to a T-Mo store where I could actually inspect the manufacturing date on the battery before I purchased it.



YMMV. Motorola Lithium-Ion Battery BR50 / SNN5696 / SNN5777 / SNN5794A

I wanted to replace my 1 year old battery in my Motorola Razr. I found many batteries that were over $35. I found one battery which said it was an OEM for under $4.00. I guess you get what you pay for.



The battery holds a charge very well, except when you make a phone call. After one call the battery is saying it needs to be recharged. I'm back to using my 1 year old battery, it holds a charge longer then the new one.

This is the 3rd "OEM" battery I bought via Amazon Marketplace -- as with the others, it was terrible. I ordered form the OEM shop a BR50. They sent a BR56 which is supposed to be even better with 3 hours talk time. It did not last 30 minutes after a complete overnight charge. Nowhere as long as the battery I am trying to replace which lasts over an hour instead of the original 2 1/2 hours.



OEM sent a counterfeit fake battery --- not OEM. How can you tell? Because Motorola OEM batteries are made in Japan. These say clearly that they are made in china. I had the same problem and returned the same battery from Wireless Phone Accessories and Batteries4Less.



AMAZON_- you should be screening these sellers and addressing these issues. There are a ton of posts under every single one of the Motorola Razr battery listing that say they got bad or counterfeit batteries.



Theses companies make their money by selling junk, counting on the Amazon customer not to feel it is worth the hassle to return it. For every one I have to return I lose an hour of my time. My time is worth more than th $10 I get ripped off for. But I do it anyway b/c hopefully at some point AMAZON is going to take responsibility for the conduct of their market sellers. AMAZON's new logo is to become the most customer centric company on earth. Well AMAZON, you can start here: Bargain Cell -- which is one of the worst offenders, Wireless Phone Accessories and now the OEM Shop -- what a joke for a name for the last one since clearly they KNOW they are selling counterfeit batteries.



I paid $30 for one from batteries4less hoping to get the real deal -- I got the exact same batter I got from the OEM shop -- the exact same counterfeit. So it has nothing to do with the price paid. Just dishonest online sellers.

I bought 2 of these batteries, each from a different seller. These 2 plus the one that originally came with the phone made 3 which I rotated so that I'd get equal use from the 3. The 2 batteries worked great at first, but after 2 months, one of them would not take charge. At first I thought it was the charger, but when I proved that the other batteries took charges, I was 100% sure it was the battery. Given that I wasn't using my phone much during the 2 months, and that I was rotating among the 3 batteries and that I get 3 days use before I get a low-bat signal, I would say that I used this battery in question a total of 12 days. One reviewer says it has a one year shelf life and if one is lucky to buy a fresh one, then one might get a full year use out of it. I looked at the battery with a magnifier to see if there is any information of the date the item was manufactured, and I could not find any. So, short of going to a T-Mobile or a Cingular store, how does one get a fresh one from Amazon?

Sadly, I read the reviews after I placed my order for the Slim Li Ion Battery for the Motorola RAZR V3. I saw where BargainCell had substituted a cheaper BR 50 battery. Well, they did that on my order and now it's going back.

The BR 50 received even worse reviews and is available for $0.67 all over the internet. YES, THAT'S 67 CENTS!

Stay away from these scammers at BargainCell. - Razr - Motorola - Battery - Razr Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


razr battery Razr Battery - razr battery, motorola