Friday 30 September 2011

Ink Cartridge - ink cartridge, pixma


The best of printing ink and printers for home use - Canon. Highly recommend these cartridges as replacement in your Canon printer. I, like the previous reviewer (who erroneously rated a non-OEM product (refill) in his review), have not had good luck with refilling or using non-canon products. Highly recommend this OEM genuine Canon ink. Canon PGI-225 BK/ CLI-226 C,M,Y 4 Pack Value Pack (4530B008) in Retail Packaging

I want to help offset this review below which is clearly not for this ink but for an ink refill. I just got the MG 5220 today and the photos are absolutely beautiful. I can hardly see any pixels or dots when I print photos. It seems to be doing a find job so far.

As I am using this ink one cartridge at a time when I need to replace the one that has run out, I can't comment on the whole package but so far so good. This is the first time I have owned a Canon printer but after the problems with my last HP All-In-One, I decided it was time to change brands.

The Canon ink is bright and works very well with my photos. It IS EXPENSIVE but so are most printer inks these days. Amazon prices are about the best I have found for genuine Canon ink.

I have always stuck with OEM ink, because the results and reliability are worth the extra cost to me (plus printer manufacturers are making it increasingly difficult to use non-OEM solutions).



However, it is beyond dumb to see the combos that Canon is offering for the new line of ink jet cartridges. If you want to save a few dollars by buying a combo pack, you either get this one which does not include the Black or Gray cartridges, or you get Canon CLI-226 BK,C,M,Y with PP-201 50 Sheets Combo Pack (4546B007) that doesn't include the Pigment Black or Gray cartridges, but includes 50 sheets of Canon paper that I do not need (I already have plenty on hand). It make no sense to not offer at least a 5-cartridge refill kit, since all of these Canon inkjet printers require 4 colors plus Pigment Black (not all utilize Gray). The only rationale would seem to be that Canon gets to line its pockets a bit more than it should.



I also have to knock off a star because the new cartridges are opaque, which may have been done to thwart refillers but also prevents users from checking the ink level themselves.



No wonder so many users go to such lengths to use non-OEM or refill solutions.

Set up was a cinch and it prints beautifully. After three HP printers in succession that all had carriage jams on initialization, I decided to try this Canon, my first one ever. I am so pleased!! I did not need a fax, so the scan and copy features were fine for me.

What can I say? It's Canon ink, therefore it's too dang expensive, and the cartridges are too small, but - - they work better than most refill inks.

The printers are less expensive because Canon sticks it to you on the cost of the ink to run the darn things!!!!

Don't like the new ink cartridges. They are opque black cases that domn't let you see just how much inlk is left to use. The old ones were translucent.???? Much better! Now ther is no way of telli g if you have used all the ink in the cartridge before having to spend another $50 -60 bucks on more ink. What are they hidding???? - Ink Cartridge - Printer - Pixma'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ink Cartridge - ink cartridge, pixma printer Ink Cartridge - ink cartridge, pixma