Friday 19 August 2011

Shoot And Share - high definition, vado


I must admit I was a little bit skeptical since there are two bad reviews. But after I read them it seems these reviews are not really about the product (one is about mac software issues, the other one had unrealistic expectation on the mini camcorders). Anyway, I always like Creative's products, full of features and well worth the money. So I decided to give it a try and it didn't disappoint me at all. The one we bought is the 2nd generation glossy white/green 4GB version. The first impression is very beautiful and ultra slim. And it comes with a silicone skin (a bonus here!). Uploading the video to youtube is a breeze and the HD clip we shot looks very sharp on the youtube site. The microphone does a good job to pick up the sound. The audio sounds good and clean. You can also use the included software to tweak the video and audio after you shoot them. I am very satisfied and I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a mini pocket HD camcorder! Creative Labs Vado HD 4 GB Pocket Video Camcorder, 2nd Generation (White Gloss with Green Accents)

had early model of aipek recorder. found this one to be much better. smaller. easy to choose options. only fault is that it has been left running by me ... need some way to shut off automatically. what a surprise when i viewed the first clip, the HD image was spectacular!

I bought this for my 10 yr. old son for his birthday. What a great product. This camera is so easy to use, even my wife could use it. My son loves it. He video records everything these days. He even writes scripts, and has his friends act them out while he records them in HD. The video quality is pretty good for the price, and the transfer is so easy, even a 10 year old can do it. The indoor quality is better than the Flip camera my older son has. And like the flip, it is super easy to post videos on youtube and other hosting sites. These cameras are great for shooting in close spaces, but they lack when recording in larger environments such as sporting events.



If you're looking for a convenient, easy to use video cam for recording your memories, this is a great value.

I first want to say picture and sound are very nice. Very easy to use. However, I just took it on a vacation and the battery indicator said it had about 25% battery life left when the thing crapped out. When I got home I plugged it in my computer usb port to recharge it and it works fine since it is recharged. I missed out recording some really nice scenes due to poor battery performance. This unit only recharges in a computer USB port unless you buy a charger for it for about $30 extra. Would have given it five stars if it came with a charger or at least the battery indicator light was accurate. Fully charged only lasted about 30 minutes of use.

Other than the battery cover being a little tough to get off(you only have to take it off once to get the rechargeable battery in there) this thing is a breeze to set up. I have owned one for over a year now and i love this thing. I knew my mom wanted a camera handy and i don't think she quite yet understands how much she will appreciate this little HD gem. The wide angle lens is the real seller here guys, seriously i have checked out lots of handy cams, none that i have seen compare. Mic works well too. Overall great product and simple! She loves it so far.

i purchased vado from amazon for 99 but ended up returning it within a few days. the biggest problem i had was with turning the product on and off. the on/off button was quite unreliable. i would keep pressing the button and eventually had to take the battery off and then insert it again to turn the camcorder on. the product looks good and is very simple to use. the fixed focal length is a little bothersome and i wonder if going for a digital camera based camcorder like the panasonic zs3 would be a better bet.

I bought the Vado because I wanted to have a video camera handy to capture the cute things my dogs do every day.

To get out the big movie cam we have would mean missing 'moments'. This little camera does the job just fine. It's not that great in low light (thus four stars out of five), but it's terrific in daylight, or anywhere that has decent indoor light. That's good enough for me. It came with an extra battery and silicone case, BTW.

I took it to Chicago and it was amazing capturing sightseeing sites, etc.

The best part is, it fits in a pocket, and you just plug it in to your computer, download & you've got your memories forever.

I've had the Creative Vado HD now for a couple months and have used it a couple times. I was looking for something with pretty decent quality for a cheap price, and it definitely lives up to that. But be warned, Creative is probably the only company who decided to make things more difficult for you if you use a mac. The Vado saves it's files in a format that iMovie cannot read, so you have to do a lot of leg work to actually get the files into a format that can be put into iMovie. It's too long and tedious, and given the chance, I probably wouldn't have bought this in favor of something with better connectivity for my Mac - Flip Video - Vado - High Definition - Vado Hd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


vado Shoot And Share - high definition, vado