Tuesday 9 August 2011

Battery - nexus one


Though this battery gets 4 stars on Amazon and it's specs are identical to the original battery, it doesn't last quite as long. In my experience it discharges in about 3/4 of the time it took for the original under similar circumstances. Nevertheless it will have to do as none of the other alternative batteries seems to be doing any better. I wish I could get an original replacement. 1400mAh PowerGen Premium Quality Li-ion Battery for HTC Desire / Bravo / GOOGLE Nexus One

Works perfectly, battery life is back to normal. It's fun telling iPhone owners how many seconds it took to put the new battery in + how little it cost with free shipping to boot



Be aware that it'll take your phone a while to calibrate to the new battery. If you are impatient Google 'Android Battery Calibration'

So far so good, seems to hold a charge better than the 13 month old OEM battery it replaced. Came out of the box with a 0% charge which I thought was odd, typically I see a new battery shipping at anywhere from 40%-60% charge but that's just from my limited experience buying replacement batteries. Charged fine, works fine, fit the battery compartment fine, no complaints.

When I purchased this battery, I was very happy. It had capacity that was slightly larger than my debilitated HTC OEM battery (1.5 yrs old) and I was using it interchangably. Unfortunately, the battery just stopped working yesterday. It will not hold a charge and the phone will not turn on with the replacement in.



I have been using the battery for a month and three weeks on a Nexus One.

I bought my Nexus One used, and the battery life left a lot to be desired. I searched around for a bit and found this battery, it is the best reviewed battery for the Nexus One on Amazon. I was also pleased to see that the seller responds to issues with the battery by commenting on the review.



Anyways, I unpacked the battery and out of the box it's giving far better battery life than the stock battery. I am following the procedures given on the manufacturer's website, and hopefully the battery life will improve even more:



"It is highly recommended that new battery packs need to be fully charged before using since they usually maintain a discharged condition with very low capacity.



To reach the optimum performance of a new battery pack, please circled (fully discharged and recharged) it three to five times."



It would be nice if they included the same instructions on the packaging. At any rate, it could also help if you reset your battery statistics after getting a new battery. When the battery is 100% charged, you can wipe the battery stats in your custom recovery, or use the free app "Battery Calibration" by developer NéMa. I recommend doing this before and after the 3-5 charge circles.

I have had my Nexus One for 14 month now and charged it almost daily during this time. I noticed that the battery is starting to degrade and that it no longer lasts for a full day when sync and Wifi are on. So I ordered this battery as a replacement. After going through about a dozen charge cycles with it, I can report that it lasts 4-8 hours depending on use, which is about half the time of the 14 months old original battery. This seems to be in line with what other buyers observed. I switched back to the old battery. I suppose I could use the new one as an emergency backup battery on longer trips, but without an external charger that is more of a hassle than a benefit, so I ended up not using it at all.

New and fully charged, this battery's capacity is worse than the original Nexus One battery I'm replacing after more than a year of daily use.



If some sort of conditioning voodoo is required to get it to perform optimally, then this process should have been performed at the factory so that the battery would arrive ready to use.



On the upside, this battery is crazy cheap, and at least it doesn't pretend to be an OEM replacement like the many fakes on the market. - Nexus One'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


nexus one Battery - nexus one