Sunday 26 June 2011

Griffin Technology - ipad accessory, apple


My iPad has been "naked" around the house since I first got it. The portfolio style case I bought at the Apple store quickly came off as it robbed the iPad of its slim easy-to-handle demeanor. I just got this reasonably priced sleeve and its PERFECT for quickly storing the iPad between frequent uses. Now, I worry less about a drink spilling on it or other household hazards when not in use. The little pull tab works well to extract the snuggly fitted iPad from its sleeve. An excellent alternative to a permanent skin or portfolio type of solution. Good protection, slim fitting, easy to insert and remove your iPad. Griffin Elan Sleeve for iPad - Black

I got this sleeve today. I have a IPad 2 Verizon version with an Apple Smart Cover (plastic). The sleeve fits pretty good with IPad 2 only. Very smooth in and out. When I first time tried to put IPad2 with smart cover, it felt quite tight. I had to push to put them in the sleeve. However, after a few times loading and unloading IPad2 with smart cover, the sleeve got a little bit relaxed and there was no problem! Now it is very smooth to move the IPad2 with smart cover in and out the sleeve. If you are looking for a reasonable cost and compact sleeve, this is a good choice. The cover doesn't give you the feeling of those high quality leather which may cost over $80, but it is decent made.

I got this sleeve hoping that the iPad 2 plus the smart cover would fit together in the sleeve, reasoning that if it was designed for iPad 1, which was significantly thicker, then this sleeve might fit my purposes. For the most part this turned out to be true. The iPad plus smart cover do indeed fit in this sleeve. It is a tight fit for sure, and it is not as easy to slide it in and out as I should like it to be. However, it works and since it is leather, I am hoping that over time it will stretch a bit and fit perfectly. After some time using it, I will update this review to indicate how that turns out.



As for the the sleeve itself: so far I like it a lot. It is thin but provides a good amount of padding. The stitching is good and the leather feels nice and looks great. I feel like I can slip my iPad in this, and tuck it under my arm, and even if I were to drop it while carrying it around--even if on concrete-- it should provide sufficient protection to prevent shattering or denting.



If you have an iPad 1 I am sure that this would be a great sleeve. The iPad 2 fits fine naked, and even with a smart cover, though it is a tight fit. If this is what you are looking for in a case, I think that you will be happy.



Update: I have been unsing this sleeve for about a week now, and the iPad is now much easier to get in and out. It seems to have expanded a bit and so the fit now is more natural--still snug but not overly so. It is still not perfect, because the material of the smart cover and the inside of the sleeve tend to cling to each other, but that is just a minor thing.



If you want to use this in conjunction with a smart cover and and iPad 2, then I don't think you will go wrong. I am thoroughly pleased.

This sleeve is best for people who travel a lot; the fit is a bit too tight for taking the iPad out too often without getting a bit annoyed, but it also makes the iPad feel safe. The device isn't completely protected, as the top of the iPad is only coved by the small flap used to secure it, but that should still protect the device from most physical damage. Also, for obvious reasons, the sleeve doesn't work with a case.



I'd recommend this sleeve for anyone who uses their iPad naked and plans on traveling with it often, or just wants something to protect it in-between uses. Compared to other sleeves/cases, $25 is rather inexpensive, and the case certainly feels high-quality.

I wanted something that wasn't too bulky and fit snug against the profile of the ipad. I did extensive research of all of the covers, sleeves and portfolio types of cases. I never did get a chance to see the Apple case in person, but based on the cost and the unfavorable reviews, I decided to pass. I then came across the Elan Sleeve from Griffin here on Amazon. Although there was only one review (a positive one), I decided to give it a try. And I'm glad I did. While the material is not real leather, it looks and feels high quality. My ipad fits very snug inside of it and I really like the method used to remove it from the case - by pulling up on the strap and having the ipad slide out effortlessly. Given the discounted price on Amazon and the free shipping, this is a great solution for protecting your ipad when not in use. Highly recommended.

I purchased this item last Thursday and it arrived the following Thursday (yesterday). It fits my iPad2 with the leather smartcover like a glove! It is perfect. The leather will likely stretch a bit over time, but that is not likely to be an issue.



I do like the stitching on the cover and the flap that keeps the iPad securely inside. This is exactly what I was looking for so yesterday, I ordered a second one just in case something happens to the one I have. If you are looking for a perfect fit with no give and a stylish/sleek little "envelope like" sleeve, this product fits the bill. - Case - Apple - Leather - Ipad Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


ipad accessory Griffin Technology - ipad accessory, apple