Tuesday 18 January 2011

Ipad 2


For the most part, this case does what it's supposed to do. When I initially heard about the Apple Smart Cover, I knew it wouldn't be for me because I've owned portable Apple products before. The exposed metal on the back will always, ALWAYS become scratched over time without proper care. The Smart Cover doesn't address that reality.



Anyway, after a few days of researching and sitting on the fence, I decided to go with this particular case. It has a fair amount of positioning options, and they all work out pretty well. When you fold the front cover back into the latch, you can either set it down for a keyboard-friendly layout, or prop it up into landscape mode for or a more monitor-like experience. I wouldn't recommend standing the iPad up in Portrait Mode with this case though, it's just too wobbly.



My biggest gripe with the case is how loose the iPad eventually becomes. You slide it into the case, and on the left side there's a piece of cloth that you have to tuck behind your iPad to keep it secure. Unfortunately, friction is the only thing keeping the cloth and your device in place, so it tends to lose its grip easily. The iPad will sometimes start to slide downward when the case is standing, and it tends to also move around when I'm changing the general position of the case, or just holding it with the cover folded flat to the back. Too often, I was finding myself reaching behind the iPad to tuck that piece of cloth back in so I wouldn't have to worry about the device trying to slip out. I eventually alleviated that issue by applying 2 velcro strips- one to the cloth, and one to the inside of the case so it would keep the iPad firmly in place. Once I made that adjustment, I had absolutely no problems with the case anymore.



When it's all said and done, it's a nice case for the money. It protects my iPad and looks pretty sleek while doing so. Build quality could be just a little better, and I really wish I didn't have to apply my own workaround to keep the iPad securely fastened, otherwise this would easily be a 4 star product. CaseCrown Apple iPad 2 Royal Standby Horizontal case (Black) for the Apple iPad 2 Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB

I did not like the fact that Apple's own iPad2 cover did not do anything to protect the back, so I did not purchase their original cover and waited to get a case for it. I'm glad I did. This case is very similar to the original iPad1 case from Apple. It protects the whole iPad2, not just the glass front. I'm not too fond of the velvet lining, but I can get used to it. Even better is that the price for this is less than the iPad2 cover only.

The case is OK but has a design flaw. The mechanism for holding the ipad 2 in the cases does not work. Ipad tends to slip out when in the case so that the rear camera is not usable. I solved the problem with some Velcro on the flap that is supposed to hold the ipad 2 into the case. Now it works fine.

I also wanted a case that would protect the back of my iPad 2. while this case does do that, there is not much else to recommended it. They case stretches with use and my iPad is constantly slipping out. I use my iPad primarily to talk with my husband via skype while he is deployed with the military. The case rubs against the microphone making it impossible to use without the ear buds w/microphone, which of course must be purchased separately. Another issue with slippage is that the case frequently covers the front camera and for the back camera one must hold the back flap away. There should be some way to hold it in place. It seems as if they just adjusted the placement of the holes and otherwise didnt change this case from the one for the original iPad. In short, it's too big which causes all kinds of secondary issues. Also, it off gases FOREVER as I have had it for a month and the smell of it still gives me headaches.

In terms of appearance it looks good due to its simple design and does a good job protecting the device with it's felt lining inside. It was very easy to insert the iPad but it took me a while to adjust it so the rear camera and the controls are not covered. The quality of the materials is not the best and the cover feels cheap. The elastic band that is used to keep it closed is a good addition but it can stretch out easily. On the outside, the pleather looks sturdy enough to stand normal wear and tear. If you are looking for a good-looking, low-cost case to protect your iPad this case will do a good job.

First off, I am an Apple fanboy and love most everything they release. But from the first minute I had the smart cover, I hated it. My iPad would slide all over the passenger seat when I was driving and the back wasn't protected.



So I started my search for a replacement. I found this one on Amazon and ordered it before it was available.



Right when I put it on, I was in love. It's not perfect, but it is very similar the the original iPad case. I love it and I love the angle that it sits at on the desk. Makes typing MUCH nicer on the iPad 2.



Highly recommend.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipad 2 Ipad 2 Ipad 2