Saturday 1 January 2011

Headphones - logitech, usb headset


After carefully reading reviews for many headsets, I decided to choose the Logitech USB 350 despite some concern about comfort. Here's my experience:



Sound quality:



Excellent! I purchased this Headset for VoIP (Skype) and was very happy with the sound quality. I can hear people and they can hear me perfectly. The sound is actually so good that I use this headset to listen to music on my computer (iTunes). As I don't have a great sound card on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 500m), the USB connectivity makes a big difference.



Comfort:



I experienced some discomfort at the very beginning, until I realized that the headpone was pushing my ear against my spectacles' branches. Now I just move my glasses above the headphone, and it's fine. The headset is probably a little tight for big heads, it's fine for me. It also relaxed a bit after a couple of week. Overall, comfort is good for me, but this is personal.



Conclusion:



Very good quality for the price. They won't really match $$$ headphone for music quality and comfort, but for that price, you can expect a very good headset for chat, VoIP or occasional music-listening. Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 ( 980374-0403 )

I needed a headset for audio chat on MSN Messenger and Skype when I realized that my new laptop has no microphone input. I am very pleased with the sound quality of the microphone. The earphone portion of the unit sounds very good when listening to voices on the other end and fairly good when listening to music. In addition, having the volume control right on the cable is very convenient.



The two qualities I enjoy best are:



1) Crisp sound from the microphone, giving me the confidence that whoever hears me on the other end will have high-quality sound; and



2) The main processing chip detects when the incoming signal is monophonic or stereophonic and adapts accordingly.

Pros:

1) Sound quality is on par with its direct competitors. It is not spectacular of course, but for the basic headset, it lived up to expectations.

2) Microphone quality was great. I had no problem with gaming or language learning detection. The quality actually exceeded my expectations



Cons:

1) After using this for more than an hour, I felt like somebody had put my head in a vice. This is the most UNCOMFORTABLE headset I have ever used. I would rather use earbuds without padding over this!

2) Cord tangles very easily

3) Easy to accidentally mute the microphone.

4) Because the cord tangles very easily, I found out rather quickly that the 1 piece set can turn into a useless two-piece set consisting of a headset and a tangled cord. The wire connecting into the headset is quite fragile and broke after 3 gentle tugs to unravel the cord...



After this I have three recommendations:

1) DO NOT BUY THIS!

2) Gamers - I switched over to the LTB USB True 5.1 Surround Sound and will never go back! The LTB is expensive but worth the price if being used for gaming. Quality of sound is absolutly amazing with the multi-speaker solution and the microphone works great.

3) Eveyrbody else (users of Skype, language identification, etc). Buy a cheaper headset, something like the Philips SBC HP250 that is comfortable and pair it with a seperate cheapo PC microphone.

Logitech really scores a goal with this awesome headset and microphone for your computer or any other device that has a USB port! It was easy to install into a USB plug and play port; and I have used this for several months now without any regrets.



The sound quality is excellent from the headphones which are indeed plush and exceptionally comfortable. The microphone works well with your computer when you are using chat live software that requires a microphone. The microphone frequency response range of 20-20,000 Hz truly impresses me for a headset this affordable.



The headband is also adjustable. Initially, I had the headband just too tight and after an hour or so of watching a movie on my computer my head began to ache! The remedy was simple: I merely adjusted the headband to be an inch or two longer so that the headset wouldn't actually touch my head. I remain very satisfied.



Another feature of this headset that works wonders is the volume control. You can actually use the volume control to increase the volume beyond which your computer may be capable of achieving! Don't ask me how they pulled that one off; I'm not that savvy about technology. However, the adjustable volume on the headsets proves to be a major selling point. The noise canceling microphone impresses me, too.



Some people complain that the volume control isn't placed right on the cord between the headset and the USB port; but I haven't had a problem with this even though I have short arms myself.



Overall, you just can't get a better headset with a built in noise canceling microphone for this price. Logitech did a great job with this headset and I highly recommend it for people who want quality without spending a small fortune for a headset with a microphone.



Great job, Logitech! - Logitech - Headphones - Skype - Usb Headset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information