Thursday 23 December 2010

Screwdriver - screwdriver, magnetic


I'm a computer technician and was looking for a tool just like this when I stumbled upon it. Fits in pocket and offers a few driver options, and won't poke a hole in your pocket or pocketbook. It has come in handy several times when I have gone out on a call expecting one thing but encountering another when I didn't have a full toolkit with me. Don't worry too much about the minor magnetism in this case, as long as you don't mate the tool with a HDD or start playing the drums on one it won't matter. My only gripe is that the black coloring on the center Stanley logo wore off on my fingers within a few days use. I am satisfied with the low cost purchase overall. 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver

If you want to say thanks to the IT guy who helped you out, buy this! There isn't enough magnetism on the screw driver to cause damage to most modern computer technology unless you were deliberately trying to do damage.

This is a handy little screwdriver as the tips are magnetic and so far have fit most screws for which I have used it. The only downfall is the soft plastic that was used in its manufacture. As the handle size offers some grip for turning, the soft plastic reduces the effectivenss of that same feature. Despite this I will buy a replacment when and if I lose it as I tend to use this tool everyday at work and home.

My primary requirement for mini screwdrivers is they MUST be magnetic so small screws are not lost or dropped with installing/removing. Second, it must have several common tips readily available for most jobs.



This screwdriver fits these requirements. In addition, it is larger than most mini screwdrivers making it easier to use.



My suggestion for improvement is Stanley should offer optional bit types (hex/torx) and sizes, or as a more expensive expanded package.

This screwdriver only has 4 screwdriver heads to pick from (2 flathead, 2 phillips), yet they are versitle enough to cover most of my day to day needs. It's about the size of a large pen so it's easy to carry on your person or in your backpack/manbag (or purse if you are a lady). The body is plastic, but it seems pretty solid and of good craftsmanship. The caps hold securely when they are on and you can put them on the opposite end when you remove them to keep from losing them. The caps actually have holes in them so you can see which head you have on each end. It's nice to see little details like that. It makes it seem like they actually put some thought into it. Overall, I'm really pleased with this.

Seems pretty straight forward....as has been mentioned by others the this is good for light use. The plastic would be a little too flimsy to really torque down on something. (I am sure their is a metal version of this out there that would hold up better in the long run) but for the price this is perfect as an addition to my messenger bag.

I always struggle to find my tools when I'm doing precision work with computers, phones, etc. I can do most of my tinkering with this one simple tool. The interchangable heads are great and the tool, despite being plastic, is well constructed. I am happy I made this purchase. I keep it in my bag for all of those on-demand repairs people ask of me.

Its convenient and quite handy. I like its feel and I would recommend it for light to medium duty work.

Otherwise, get a stiffer version. The barrel/holder needs to be more substantial/harder for tougher jobs. - Screwdriver - Tool - Magnetic - Hand Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screwdriver - screwdriver, magnetic magnetic Screwdriver - screwdriver, magnetic