Friday 31 December 2010

Pc Camera - cheap webcam, web cam


I bought two of these Webcams - one for my folks and one for me so that I could walk them through the setup. The camera was easy to install. I use the webcam with Skype and find the video quality and voice quality excellent. I do not have to sit up close to the mic to have it pick my voice up - on the contrary, I find myself turning the mic down. I was able to walk my folks through the installation of the webcam on their PC and skype and they love it. My only issue is that in order to have my folks see me as if I was looking at them, I need to position the camera in the middle of my monitor which creates an obstacle for my own viewing. In this regard, I recommend a webcam that can be placed at the top of your monitor and not on your desk. Flexible 5.0 Megapixel USB PC Camera Webcam with Microphone

You simply cannot beat the value of this webcam. The picture quality is great. The microphone works well. Contrary to other postings, this camera works with Skype (that is the only way we use it). Setup quickly and easily with Windows XP and Skype 4.x.



Negatives: the camera is a little wobly unless you hold it and the suction cup does not work that well, but what do you want for fifteen bucks?



This is the perfect solution for video chatting with grandma.

I really needed a web cam to chat with my bff and to upload videos onto youtube but I didn't want to spend too much money because I also have a digital camera that takes videos. I read all of the reviews and maybe they received a different product than me. First it arrived in a package (a box) not a bag like everyone else says, and no it does not have any directions you just plug and play (perfect! my computer recognized it immediatly as well as my laptop)Next I logged on to Skype and it recognized it right away as well. The picture quality is amazing considering the price and the mic works very well. The construction is nice as well, there were a lot of reviews that were saying that the suction cup did not work, well those people are just slow. All you have to do is turn it to the left until it clicks and it sticks fine;sometimes I don't use the suction cup and it DOES NOT topple over like the reviews suggest it is not too top heavy it is fine. The only adjustment that I had to make was to focus it. All in all I am pretty sure there are web cams that have all the bells and whistles but this one is perfect for the price. It does everything that I want and it does it well. If you are not wanting to spend a lot of money this one cost me ($8.93!) give this one a try you will be pleasently surprised!

I received a refund. but this is not a 5.0 Megapixel Camera. I talked to amazon or the seller I don't know who I talked to hard to tell but anyway I requested a update or removal of this listing and they have not so you should know. It is only 320 X 240 pixels Camera.



Thanks,

Michael H.

I had to go out and buy another mic from Radio Shack for Skype voice transmission. Camera works fine, but you have to hold the mic 2 centimeters from your mouth for anyone to hear you. This of course renders the camera useless unless someone really wants to see your nose hairs.

Waste of money.

First of all, the camera is a Supp Professional for anyone who's interested.



Got one of these a couple of weeks ago. The audio and video was pretty much in sync in real time and when used with Skype. But I also wanted to record from it but when capturing the video (recording) it wouldn't play back properly even though, while capturing it, the a/v looked in sync on the screen. But, when playing back what I just captured, the video races by while the audio plays back in real time. Then the picture freezes until all the audio plays out. Kind of useless for recording.



I ordered another one and got it today. Although it was ordered from the same Amazon page (different seller), it was different from the first one in that the first one had a USB wire plus a mic jack wire. The one I got today just had a USB wire that also works the mic. Wasn't crazy about that because it changed my sound record settings in "Sounds and Audio Devices" to USB mic (or something like that) rather than my sound card powering the mic so I have to remember whenever I want to do my music recording from line in or mic jack that I have to change the settings back to my sound card. This second webcam was out of sync in real time just enough for it to be annoying. It did record aka captured video (which the first one didn't) but the recording, just like the real time playback, was slightly out of sync. At least the first one was in sync in real time. Like I said: a crap shoot.



A 3 1/2 star rating from about 200 reviewers for this seemed good enough for me to buy it, particularly for a webcam of this price. But I got two and found problems with each one. That's why I took the time to post this. - Skype - Cheap Webcam - Web Cam - Cheap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information