Sunday 12 December 2010

Micro Usb Cable - usb cable, usb


I bought this USB cable to plug my cell phone into its charger as well as into my computer. It won't stay in.



The Micro B end of the cable has a very huge box around it, which works ONLY IF the device you're plugging it into has a flat area around the edges. If your cell phone has a slight slant to the outer casing of the USB port, it will not fit in at all, or will constantly slide off.



The cable really should have had a narrow end, it really shouldn't be necessary to have a thick end on the cable! AmazonBasics USB Cable - 2.0 A Male to Micro B (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters)

When I was looking for a set of cables to charge my EVO 4g I looked at Sprint and then here. Amazon provides the same high quality as any OEM material at a price that can't be beat. I was able to purchase 3 of these cables and a car charger for the price of ONE charger through Sprint.

Pros

- they work; not all the cables you can buy at Amazon actually work for PC-phone data (hint - cheap, 1 meter long)

- build quality is fine

- the micro B end connector label is raised, which makes it easy to plug it in by feel; this is saving my phone jack lots of abuse



Cons

- these would be cheaper and generate way less trash if they shipped in bubble envelopes



Each of my two cables was packaged in its own cigar box. The cigar boxes came in an enormous box filled with lots of little air bags so nothing could rattle. I was astonished when I found my back-ordered cables inside. I thought I'd be in trouble for opening something my wife ordered.

I purchased 4 of these cables from amazon. Have received many of their basic usb cables before and been satisfied. Two of the four cables fried out from shorted wiring. Just the large usb was plugged in and nothing on the micro side. Have returned them and would not recommend these micro usb cables.

I bought this to replace a Kindle cord that broke within the first couple of weeks. This has also quit working after only a weeks worth of use. I'm done with Amazon made cords. I have owned three kindle cords that all quit working within a month. This one was even worse.



I will be moving to a more expensive and hopefully much more reliable product. - Usb Cables - Usb - Usb Cable - Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information