Wednesday 22 December 2010

Aa Batteries - led, bright


This is by far, the most useful lantern I own.... The natural colored light is AWESOME.



1.) It's small, and easy to put in the backpack

2.) On low, (which is not much different from high) it runs a LONG time.

3.) It takes my rechargeable batteries easily (some lanterns are a bit too small such as my xb glorb).

4.) The light is NOT obnoxious, it has a tint that is just as good as an incandescent.

5.) The light output is appropriate for it's size (NO, It's not a gas lantern, but as far as LED's go, it's fantastic).





I have purchased two from this vendor and will purchase a couple more.



If you currently own old school LED's and hate the blueish light output, you won't regret purchasing this... It looks so close to normal light!



I just had a power outage due to some damage to lines, I was comfortable, able to navigate around my house, and suffered NO eyestrain. Two units were enough to give me ample light to take a bath, read, play cards, fix a sandwich and find batteries for my A.M. radio.



1/4/10 little lights are still going great, I love the color of the natural light. P.S. Eneloops will not last as long as long as 2650 mah batteries if you are using rechargeables. Small Package - Bright Light CREE XLamp Warm White Camping LED Lantern - 110 Lumens

This LED Lantern was just what I was looking for.



LED, thus a long battery life with low draw and low heat output compared to traditional bulbs.



Small Light Weight Package, that I hang from the Zipper on my Bimini top on my boat.



Bright 360 degree output for it's size, I run it on the low setting, but I wish there was an even lower level as option.



We hang this light from the Bimini Top on my 25' Boat and it easily provides a nice glow of light on the whole Open Cockpit. Much nicer than having to use a flashlight to make cocktails and find things. This latern just lights up the whole are.



My friend, just borrowed mine last week and he already ordered one for his Boat as well!!!



My only negative would be that the price seams high at first, but I don't regret paying it.

Very compact and very good built quality. Using 3 Eneloop AA-sized batteries, the light fades out after around 6 hours, not 12, when set to "High". On "Low" setting, it lasts closer to 9-10 hours, rather than the advertised 24 hours.

This lantern appears to be the rebadged (Chinese manufactured) Favourlight LTC-1613AA-W, which is a desirable lamp among "flashoholics." Has an aluminum body with rubber end caps and a CREE emitter. The lamp is available with either warm tint (as sold here) and there's another slightly brighter version of it available as a cool tint (that one is the LTC-1613AA) that's available at big box stores. Confusingly these lamps can be found under a variety of different brands. It's also possible to find a very similar looking lamp that does not have a Cree emitter (note the one sold here is clearly labeled CREE). There is another "pretender" lamp out there with the same look that has a plastic body. This lamp sold here on Amazon is "the real deal" and is the lamp that is widely sought after by people who do their research. This lamp is widely praised for its warm tint, which gives a much more natural rendition to green/brown outdoor colors...therefore good for camping. It's common for warm tints to be slightly dimmer than cool tints, and many people would gladly pay for the slight decrease in luminosity with a better tint, myself included. If you care to get more info on this light, you can search the candlepowerforums for a thread called the "Favourlight Mini Lantern Disambiguation Guide."

I have owned several LED lanterns, from little 5mm LED lanterns to the Apollo Black Diamond. This little gem is brighter than the Apollo at half the cost. You can read next to it effortlessly. It is lighter in weight than that expensive UCO candle lantern, and it is many, many times brighter.



The run time is about 6 hours at the brightest setting, and it will remain dimmer but still usable for a few hours after that. It might last a little longer at the brightest setting if it was regulated, but I would rather have it die gradually so I have time to replace the batteries, than have it last a little longer and have it the light die quickly. The build quality is superb with an anodized aluminum body and sturdy polycarb elsewhere. The top and bottom caps have protective rubber on them, and the top cap is easily removable to make a great, very wide flood angle flashlight with only a hint of a center hotspot. The end caps are sealed with O-rings so I would say that it is at least heavy rain proof, although I haven't tested this yet. I now own two of them and would love to buy two more. They are really that good.



I have seen this light criticized because of glare. Well, I don't find that a problem because I guess I don't look directly at it maybe? Not sure, but something that may help is wrapping the globe with something that diffuses the light a bit more. Scotch tape would work very well. That would be an easy fix if glare is a problem for you.



They are available in both the warm white and the cool white. Look around and you can find both. The cool white version used to be sold at Target under the River Rock brand name. I prefer the warm white. It's a little easier on the eyes and is a closer match to a typical incandescent light. The warm white is more of a natural light, whereas the white light is a bit too harsh, something like a cool white flourescent light.

After hours of digging on the internet, I found and purchased this light. Expecting a lantern not a little squirt light (only 5" tall), initially I was disappointed. This thing can't produce the light of my larger LED lantern, but side by side the squirt won! Not just the light output but the color of the light, nice and warm.

This will be perfect for camping/backup emergency light. A little pricey though. I claims 12 hours on high and 24 on low. Can't wait for the brighter verson, larger with more battery power. Just a note: the light is very bright concentrated light; it is very hard to look towards. - Bright - Led - Camping Lantern - Lantern'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Aa Batteries - led, bright led Aa Batteries - led, bright