Monday 4 October 2010

Toddlers Scooter - mini scooter, scooter


I first have to say that I love this scooter, and my son loves it as well. As a general product/review I would give it 5 stars BUT..I am SO disappointed in the color/plastic. We live in Milan(Italy) and can get the scooters there,but being that my son's favorite color is orange, we waited and ordered it here(U.S) , it was easier to get. It arrived in perfect condition, was mounted and ready to go in 5 mins..all good so far. The problem started after he had used it. We are in Michigan, and this Summer has been pretty cool/cloudy definately not typically hot and sunny. Within 2 weeks of use, the color had COMPLETELY bleached out..it is now kind of a pale yellow/translucent color. I would never have believed it could do that, especially not in such a short amount of time. Maybe if it had been a entire Summer in maybe Arizona/Florida,etc It looks like it has been used for 3-4 years and left outside half of the time. I know this problem is basically aesthetic..but it REALLY bothers me, because 1. it was not cheap(price) and 2. it is really ugly now.

I hope noone else has this problem, what a disappointment! mini kick Scooter - ORANGE

We've had this scooter for a few years now. I bought it because I wanted a three wheeled scooter that taught my son to balance but yet was more stable than a two-wheeled scooter.



Most three-wheeled scooters have the third wheel on the back. That always looked a bit awkward to me. Like when they go to kick, the back leg must avoid that wheel. I guess it's not really that bad as I watch other kids, but I wanted my kids to kick like they would on a two-wheeler.



This scooter has the third wheel on the front and it steers like a skateboard. That's a terrific way to teach balance. My son (4 years old at the time) was a little tentative at first, but he was able to use this scooter with a little effort and concentration. It helped him a great deal with his confidence and he was eventually able to transfer to a two-wheeler.



My daughter was 2 years old when she started riding this scooter. She picked it up quickly after watching her older brother. By the time she was 3 years old, she could zip around on it quickly.



There is a brake on the rear wheel, just like the two-wheelers. Other three-wheeled scooters don't have that feature. It allowed my kids to practice using the brake for when they transferred to the two-wheeled scooters.



The Mini Micro is solidly built. We've had ours for about 3 years and it's still going strong. There are no loose parts, nothing falling off or bent. The brakes haven't worn down yet. It still looks just like the day we got it.



The only downsides to this scooter is that it doesn't fold up and the handlebars don't adjust. It's geared to a very small age group (3 to 5) and doesn't hold a lot of weight.



However, the Mini Micro is a terrific beginner scooter, far superior to other three wheeled scooters. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat. It's well worth the extra cost.



___________________



UPDATE: This scooter used to be known as the Micro Mini Scooter, which is what we bought. It is the same scooter with a different name.

We own three of these scooters. We purchased 2 of them (pink and blue) 9 months ago when our twins were two. We recently purchased an orange one for our 1 1/2 year old son. The pink and blue have held up exceptionally well and look just as good as the brand new orange one. Our children play on these nearly everyday indoors and out. I initially purchased the radio flyer scooters, but after an hour of play I returned them. The radio flyer scooters are very awkward with their big base and hard for little ones to manuveur. In contrast, the minikick scooters are easy for my children to steer since they just have to lean one way or the other to turn. They do not tip easily and go over rocks and bumps with ease. Our neighbors also purchased these scooters. Their oldest is 6 years old and she was happily enjoying this scooter as much as her 2 year old brother. I know we will get many years of play out of these great toys!

This is the third one of these scooters that I have purchased. All three grandchildren just love it. They are ages 5, 4, and 3 and within just a few minutes had mastered the concept of using it.It is one of the best purchases I have made and keeps them occupied for a long time. The back tire does wear easily if the brake is applied very hard and the child is going fast at the time the brake is applied. This however is not a major problem since new tires can be purchased and replaced rather easily. Girls love this scooter as much as boys and it is very easy to ride.

My son (2 1/2 yrs old) saw this scooter at a friends birthday party. He picked it up for the first time and seemed to instantly understand how to get it going. He zipped around all over inside their house... everyone was amazed. The birthday boy (2 yrs old) had yet to get excited about it... he really didn't understand how to work it yet. It didn't take too much watching for him to learn from my boy, though. We bought this immediately for our son after the party...



It comes with two pieces... the handlebars simply snap down into the base and your child is ready to go! The two front wheels provide great stability and when you child does tip over, the falls are very minor... nothing that is scraping knees or giving bruises yet. We will be getting some pads and helmet to use with it soon... he is not moving quickly enough on it to be a concern at this time.



My only complaint is a tiny one. On the very limited instruction sheet that is sent with it (you do not need any more than is sent), they show the scooter handlebars seemingly connected to the wheel base in a way that you can carry it folded together. I am guessing that this is something that can be done with their larger scooters, but not this one. Not a big deal...



This is a great toy for helping with eye-hand coordination and balance. He is learning how to control his body lean to make it 'steer' left and right. He is also gaining confidence in using his various body parts in a way that he had not before... I think it is a great toy!



Maybe a little pricey... but we'd pay that again. - Scooter - Toddler Scooter - 3 Wheel Scooter - Mini Scooter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Toddlers Scooter - mini scooter, scooter mini scooter Toddlers Scooter - mini scooter, scooter