Tuesday 26 October 2010

Royal Purple - mobil1, full synthetic


I used Mobil 1 10W-30 in my 1994 Ford F-150 six cylinder for 14 years. At 210,000 miles I have never had to replace anything on the engine - it's entirely cherry. After the break in period I only changed the oil every 25,000 miles while changing the filter every 5,000 miles. Not only did I get gas mileage so good no one believed me (20 mpg winter, 23 mpg summer)but it didn't cost any more than conventional oils and I never had a problem with my truck. I recently sold my truck to a guy who couldn't wait to get his hands on it and I now run Mobil 1 in my 2008 Ford Ranger 4 cylinder and am getting 40 mpg (OK, 34 mpg with the engine running, 40 mpg by hypermiling). Mobil 1 94003 Synthetic 10W-30 Motor Oil - 1 Quart, Pack of 6

Since writing my last review I figure I should do an update. Since that time I now use Mobil 1 in almost everything I own. Since putting it in my John Deere tractor I now have no trouble starting it at zero degrees (F) when I need to plow snow (my chemical engineer uncle tells me this is due to Mobil 1's increased fluidity, meaning it continues to flow at all temperatures). Starting my push mower is now a breeze as well, and I've even started using it to lubricate firearms that I use in cold weather (in years past I've had semi autos jam in really cold weather with conventional oils if I put it on too thick). The fact that it doesn't goo up when cold makes it perfect for anything that you'll use below freezing temperatures, and the fact that it isn't carbon based means no carbon residue left behind in your engines. I love the stuff and doubt I'll ever buy conventional oils again for any purpose.

I bought this item on Amazon because of the convenience. I like to do my own oil changes and I don't live anywhere near a Wal-Mart.



When the box arrived, it was immediately apparent that one of the bottles was leaking. I decided not to return it and will probably never order again.

Mobil 1 synthetic oil will do the job. It is a good oil. I have used it for years and will use it again if I need to. I usually use Royal Purple which Is in my opinion, better and fantastic. The reason I give Mobil 1 three stars is because it is not exceptional. It just does it's job and does it well. No trick up it's sleeves and normally I'd give five stars for something I like and use that "Just works" however, and with engine oil, I'm a bit more reserved. - Motor Oils - Lubricants - Mobil1 - Full Synthetic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Royal Purple - mobil1, full synthetic full synthetic Royal Purple - mobil1, full synthetic