Tuesday 26 October 2010

Droid Incredible - iphone, iphone 3g


This armband fits perfectly my Iphone 3G. It stays tight in my arm, the mesh fabric helps a lot so that you don't sweat that much, so no risk of getting your Iphone all wet.

On a first look I thought the Iphone was at risk of falling down while running because it's not closed in the upper side (where you insert the iphone to the armband) but this compartment is made of a very elastic fabric, so the Iphone stays there, not movement at all.

I just used it for my 10K this weekend and everything worked fine.

The manufacture is not that detailed, a lot of little strings are coming out of the sides of one of the materials, but with the help of a little scissors that will be fine.

The armband fits a big range of arms, mine are not that slim (medium female arms) and still has band to fit bigger ones.

The band is 42 cms long, from the plastic clip on one end to the end of the velcro band, so I'll say you can have 32 or 33 cms of circumference in your arm and will still close with enough velcro to be thight.

Hope this helps!

Magdalena Soto Black Mesh Gym Armband Case Cover for Apple iPhone 3G 8GB 16GB / 3G S 16GB 32GB [Accessory Export Packaging]

I don't consider myself a giant (6'3" male, 214 lbs), but I find that the length of the strap around my arm to be barely adequate. I use this while running or lifting weights, and for the most part, the armband works well. Exercises such as arm curls, though, will actually cause the strap to pop off. If I were younger, I'd think it a huge ego-booster, attributing it to my massive biceps. But (sigh) I'm old and married, and this is just annoying. Another petty complaint is that the slot at the bottom is not quite long enough to allow you to insert the headphones jack for the iTouch--the hole is about an eight of an inch beyond the slot. You can get the jack in, it just takes a bit of fiddling.

I love this product. I use it on all my runs. The only thing I wish were different is that it had a key holder. That is a personal preference. Otherwise, I can easily control the screen through the plastic cover and it holds the iphone tightly in place.

If you're looking for something to hold your iPhone 3G or 3GS, you plan on using microphone or remote controls, and your arm isn't very thick around, this is the item for you. If your arm is on the thick side or if you plan to manipulate the touchscreen much, maybe there's a better solution for you out there.



The plastic lies just a bit elevated from the screen, so you kind of have to depress to register a touch. If you're trying to touch near the edges it's even more difficult. The strap is not too long - if your arm is a bit thick then you'll have issues putting it on. I had to have it pretty much just above my elbow, for runs this was almost unacceptable but bike rides were a bit easier.



This does NOT fit the iPhone 4. I do not know if it'll fit the original iPhone.



PROS:

+ Cheap

+ Works

+ Keeps your phone dry



CONS:

- Short strap

- Clumsy touchscreen operation

- Strap can sometimes be scratchy

This armband is quite good, especially given the price. It would be five star except the following:



1) It smells awful when new. Really awful. My whole apartment smelled like nasty chemicals within minutes of opening the package. However, a few hours of airing and it's fine. So, if you get this, i guess try to open it outside and leave it somewhere to breathe for a while before you bring it indoors.

2) It fits my tiny little arms, but if you're on the large side, it might not fit you. The maximum size is a modest ~13 inches.

3) My iPhone 3GS fits well, but not tightly enough that i'd trust it for any exercise with much vertical movement. You can remedy this by just slipping a rubber band over the armband once the phone's inside.



Other than that, it's great. The mesh breathes well, the velcro is strong, and it's fairly comfortable to wear.

I just need something to hold my iPhone during my jogs. This thing works fine for that purpose. The clear plastic can make it difficult to input info into the iPhone, but I normally don't do that during the run anyway.

I've been using this for about a month and it's perfect for all of my workouts. It's comfortable backing doesn't cause any problems when it's on my arm even during my run. The band is plenty big to fit around multiple size arms with plenty of band left. The only thing is the plastic screen protector is a little thick. Trying to unlock your phone makes you press on the screen a little harder than usual but over all it's perfect for every workout routine that I do. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

I was concerned with the size before ordering because a few people complained about this armband being too small. However, I just got mine and it is almost too big. I'm an average guy, 6'2" and 190 and the velcro barely fits and the band is too loose for vigorous activity. I'd be more disappointed, and rate it lower, if I would have paid more for it. I think I can easily shorten it and adjust the velcro and make it useable.



Not sure if the company is compensating for the complaints and went too far or what but unless you have really big arms (16+ inches), the one I got should fit you. - Iphone - Iphone 3g - Accessories - Armband'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Droid Incredible - iphone, iphone 3g armband Droid Incredible - iphone, iphone 3g