Saturday 16 October 2010

pencil sharpener - pencil sharpener, pencil sharpeners


Just purchased this a couple of weeks ago.



Pros:

- Heavy Weight. Won't move around a bunch. If you put a lot of force on the pencil, you may have to hold it down with a finger (e.g. not much pressure)

- Sharpens pencils to a sharp point

- Blue light shows when a pencil is sharpened and auto shuts off. This is great for my 3 yr old who would grind a pencil to a stub.

- Motor seems to be a workhorse. I haven't had it long, but it has not even warmed up with the use I have had with it.



Cons:

- Big. This has a much larger footprint than I expected, but I didn't read the dimensions before purchasing.

- It takes a couple of inches of pencil to put into the machine. This just means you can not sharpen a pencil when it gets down to the last couple of inches.



Overall, I am happy with it. If I had to purchase again, I would either get this one or the "Teacher Pro" version. I am happy, though X-ACTO ProX Electric Pencil Sharpener with SmartStop, Gray and Black (1612)

Being a middle school teacher, I see all sorts of harsh treatment of school supplies, so I was a little bit worried about investing that much of my own money in a pencil sharpener, but so far, I'm impressed!



It takes a bit more force than you would think to sharpen a pencil, but man -- it's fast! I teach in an inner city school where kids sometimes are not taught how to treat things respectfully, but they just love this sharpener.



My biggest complaint is that my classroom has become a revolving door because of students coming in from other classes to sharpen their pencils in this beast! If it lasts just two school years, I'll say it was money well-spent and will buy another one.

I have had the sharpener for a month now, using it regularly in the classroom. It has worked wonderfully and has made my job as a teacher much easier each day. Kids are very happy to have a very sharp pencil to use. Definitely a worthy investment.

Works great! The moms at school got one of these for our "work room" we sharpen pencils for tests! I purchased this one as a gift for my son's second grade teacher. In a few seconds a mom helping can have a 30 new pencils sharpened, or the kids can re sharpen pencils in 1 or 2 seconds, the little blue light tells them the pencil is done! Perfect little work horse!

As a teacher I was trying to find a pencil sharpener that actually worked. I am disappointed in this sharpener. It was hard for even me to push the pencil in hard enough to get it to sharpen and it won't sharpen unless you really shove it in there and then the sharpener moves so I had to hold the sharpener with one hand and shove and turn the pencil in there with the other. The blue light doesnt always light up either. This was from the first time the sharpener was used! I have a $20 staples sharpener which works much better. Not buying another xacto product again.

I've been using this sharpener in my Kindergarten classroom for the past three weeks. Very happy with it. For those of you who do not live in North America like me (I live in Australia), you have to take into consideration of buying a Step down transformer (it costs me 30AUD)

Not good for kids because the pencil has to be jammed into the sharpener with a lot of force for it to function. The end-result seems to be a point that is not uniformly shaped. Cheaper sharpeners seem to work a lot better and faster.

This thing is large and heavy duty. It looks and operates like a quality product that should last a long time. Aside from its size, I am glad I purchased this product. For the money, you should expect to have one of the best pencil sharpeners for a long time. - School Supplies - Pencil Sharpener - Pencil Sharpeners'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


pencil sharpener - pencil sharpener, pencil sharpeners pencil sharpener pencil sharpener - pencil sharpener, pencil sharpeners