Wednesday 13 October 2010

Mineral Makeup - foundation, mineral makeup


I have used bareMinerals - Foundations - Fairly Light .3 oz/9g for awhile now, it was a miracle to me and my skin. I had used liquid, powder, and "whipped mousse" foundation for years and nothing ever made my skin look natural, or gave me all over coverage.



In these hard times I have found myself cutting back on spending $$$$ for makeup and started looking for adequate substitutes for the brands I usually buy. I decided to try Maybelline Mineral Powder because the ingredients were strikingly similar to Bare Minerals:



*Results clinically proven after 8 weeks*: 52% improvement in skin smoothness; 49% improvement in skin luminosity; 43% reduction in redness

*Buildable, even coverage

*Tested on sensitive skin

*Won't clog pores

*Contains 0% oil, 0% talc, 0% preservatives and 0% fragrance SPF 18



I have been using it for 3 weeks now and CANNOT tell the difference between the pricier one and Maybelline, and that blows my mind!!! It even comes with its own little kabuki brush made with natural hairs! Maybelline New York Mineral Power Finishing Veil Translucent Powder, Translucent, 0.28 Ounce

I've gone back and forth between many foundations and yet always find myself coming back to this one. It is the only foundation I've found that blends and matches my skin PERFECTLY! I have oily/combination skin that becomes very dry in the winter and this suits my skin throughout all its different "moods". If i need to conceal a spot i just put a little powder on an eyeshadow brush and apply it like I would a concealer and then apply the foundation on top of it. Why pay a bunch of money for bare minerals when you are getting a product of similar or even better quality? My only complaint is that the jar is too small, I wear it everyday (and probably touch up one to two times) and it only lasts one month to six weeks. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! If you like powder/mineral foundations, definitley give this one a try!

When I ordered this item, I was assuming I would receive a loose powder, as pictured above. What I got was a liquid foundation. I'm not sure if the image above is inaccurate or there was a flux in the shipment, but whatever it was, it was not "Mineral Power POWDER." It was "Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation."



At first I was okay with that, thinking I'll try it anyways. So I did and discovered that this liquid foundation caused my skin to break out. Badly. It's safe to say that I wasted $10

i use this product because it contains no fragrance. my skin is too sensitive to handel scented products. it works well. no scent helps it feel more natural. i would advise using powder first though.

my only complaint is not having a container for the brush, and it may take a few tries to find your shade.

I recieved the powder in good condition. It also included a tiny kabuki brush. This is what I dont like as much in this powder. The brush is small, not soft. The powder, on the other hand, is great! It gives medium coverage and evens out your skin tone! I recommend this for light makeup wearers and for people with oily skin.

I got this product just to have a powder to lightly set my makeup and I got to say it works better than I thought it would even considering I dnt use much of the product whenever I apply it. It's so light but helps get rid of the shine on my face but still leaves a bit of sheen so you know ur skin can breathe with this on and it looks natural and effortless. The other day I was too tired to fuss with makeup so I jus applied concealer under my eyes and buffed this product onto myface and it gave a really nice finish. Evened out my skin tone and even in the evening it still felt comfortable on it's own. Love this foundation!

I gave up on foundations years ago. I don't like the mess, the neck lines you can inevitably see, the way my skin looks oily after a few hours of use, etc. My skin is pretty good on its own, so I rarely feel the need to "cover up." As I reached 30, though, I've noticed that my many freckles have darkened, and my skin tone has become less even in some areas. I've considered mineral make-up before, but I am infinitely cheap and balked at the more expensive brands. Some online searching brought me to this product.

Wow. I am impressed!!! It's so easy to evenly apply, feels undetectable once it has a few minutes to set in your skin, and my face seems to have a more even tone even when I'm not wearing it. Can that be possible? I thought those claims were absolute phooey, but now I have to admit that they're true.

This is also the first product I've ever used that doesn't cause me to break out or clog my pores.



I intended to wear this only occasionally, but I'm loving it so much that I'll probably wear it nearly every day!



One word of warning- my skin is can get rather tan, so I went with no.4 light. If anything I would have thought this would be too light. Instead, I was surprised to find that the powder itself is a bit darker than what is shown on the cap, and it's still a little too dark for my skin. I think a shade down will be perfect, and I plan on picking that up this week. I hate not being able to try out cheaper brands in the store, but at least I know the product is good, so a little trial and error with the shade isn't going to kill me.

I started using Maybelline's Mineral Makeup after reading a positive magazine review. I have used several mineral makeups in the past, including both drugstore brands and department store brands. I don't really use many Maybelline products, but the Maybelline Mineral line really ranks high on my list. The coverage is much better than most mineral makeups and it doesn't make my skin look blotchy or oily later on in the day. - Fragrance Free - Face - Mineral Makeup - Foundation'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mineral Makeup - foundation, mineral makeup face Mineral Makeup - foundation, mineral makeup