Sunday 3 October 2010

Mac Compatible - keyboard, led keyboard


As others have pointed out, this keyboard is smaller than most, with less keys than typical PC keyboards have, however all of the most important keys are there. The backlighting is excellent, but you just about have to keep it constantly lit since it is almost impossible to tell what the keys are without it.

My only big complaint is the backspace key - it is a single key size rather than the double-width size that is standard on most keyboards, and it is placed right next to the "home" key...if you are a less than perfect typist like me and use the backspace key a lot, it is aggravating because you will find yourself hitting that home key all the time. That will send the cursor back to the beginning of the line you are on, requiring you to stop and use the "end" key (or worse, repeatedly hit the right arrow key) to get back to where you were. With practice, hopefully this will get better.

All in all, though, I am really pleased with the keyboard despite the minor complaints. I thought the price to benefit ratio was excellent and even if the keys wear off in a couple of years, it is cheap enough to just buy another. Noah Company W9868BK USB Backlit Blue LED Multimedia Keyboard (Piano Black)

I like this keyboard because it is smaller " 6 1/2 by 16 inches " than most other illuminated keyboards out there. This fits in nicely on my somewhat crowded desk. Most of the other keyboards are 3 to 4 inches larger. True the larger keyboards have more features and keys, but these are all the keys I personally need. All of the letter and number keys are full size, a couple of the other keys are not as large as a standard keyboard. This keyboard might be difficult for a experienced typist to get used too, but I am a 2 finger peck typist so no problem here. Check out my keyboard photo under customer images on the product page.



The keys light up nicely, they are very easy to read day or night. The problem is I have to leave the keyboard light on even during the day. It is extremely difficult to see the keys with the key lights off even in the daylight unless I have another light source on the keyboard. The letters are an off white with the light off. Buy the way the light on/off switch is the Scroll key, took me a while to figure that one out.



The more expensive keyboards have laser etched letters and numbers that never wear off. These keys are not laser etched and consequently will probably wear off with time. My last keyboard had similar keys and some partially wore off in under 2 years, and I don't type that much.



This is a very nice smaller illuminated keyboard for the price, if you can get by with the features or lack of features this keyboard has it's a good buy.



PS; I don't know where there dimensions came from on there description, but they are definitely wrong. It' 6 1/2 inch by 16 inches long exactly.

I just love this keyboard. I was wanting one that lit up because it is often kind of dark where our computer is, and I don't like turning on all of the lights to type just a few things in. This one does the job! I also really like that their are bright green lights for the caps lock and num lock--my last one didn't have any light. The only complaint I got from my daughter was that the back space button could be bigger, but this doesn't bother me. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase.

I've had it for a couple of months now and I really like it. I replaced a new dell multimedia keyboard with this one for two reasons:



1. This one is narrower and fits better in my desk keyboard drawer, giving my mouse more room.

2. It is very easy to see the keys, especially at night.



I bought a new dell desktop computer and a beautiful white keyboard came with it, but it was too wide and difficult to see the keys.



The only problem was getting used to the new key layouts and sizes for the enter, backspace, end, home and delete keys. I would prefer to have the backspace key larger than other keys but I've already adjusted.



This keyboard is actually plugged into a Trendnet KVM box allowing me to use one keyboard, mouse, monitor, speaker system with two computers. Trendnet uses the Scroll Lock key (two presses) to switch between computers and this keyboard also uses the Scroll Lock key (one press) to switch the backlight on and off. In spite of that I haven't had any problems, it works fine.



It seems very durable so far and a good value for the price.

Plug this into your computer, and at the touch of a button, you have the keys clearly backlit with a soft blue glow. If you want to work on your computer in the poor lighting and you can't touch-type things like numbers (or can't find the home keys in the dark), this will make using the computer much easier!

The back-lighting is a nice feature, but the keyboard is too compact with some keys moved around slightly from their standard locations making regular typing cumbersome and error prone. Skip this keyboard and look for a full sized equivalent.

this is my 3rd purchase of this item through amazon. 1st one for my sister's birthday. I was uncertain how that one would perform since the logitec was 60+bucks, but it had far exceeded expectations, was gorgeous blue & bright enough for day viewing. bought 2nd one for mom's husband as a gift. he loved it, and this one is for me. cant say enough about it. If you need an illuminated keyboard and have no issues with a smaller type keyboard, this is the one for you. and the keys are very clear with the blue glow. you will love the item....and the price.

The keyboard is very difficult to use because of the size. I was constantly typing the wrong thing. Would not recommend it. Loved the back-lit keys, but that feature alone was not enough to make it worth it. - Led Keyboard - Keyboard - Lighted Keyboard - Back Lit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mac Compatible - keyboard, led keyboard back lit Mac Compatible - keyboard, led keyboard