Friday 29 October 2010

Hooded Towels


My first complaint with these towels from 3 sprouts is that it IS NOT organic!!! The tag reads that the outside "liner" (which is an annoying feature of it's composition) is the organic part. The towel is a regular towel. The second complaint is that it's TINY (too small for my 6 month old) and the third complaint is that the "liner" on the outside is sewn in a way that it's only bound to the edges of the towel part - so it's all loose everywhere, making it impossible to use it to towel off! The pictures look cute, but it's not useful, and it's not organic.

They should have sewn the materials together, and they shouldn't advertise this as organic. Poor product, waste of money. 3 Sprouts Chico the Chicken Organic Hooded Towel, Cream

We received this as a gift and although we have at least 5 other hooded towels (...they were a popular gift...) we ALWAYS use this one! It's got two layers - a towel layer and an outside layer that is a cotton sweatshirt type of material. The reason we love it so much is that, with that second layer, it's the thickest and warmest of our towels and once the baby is wet, you want to warm them up as soon as possible. It easily still fits our 15 pound baby and I envision using it for quite some time.

These hooded animal towels are so soft and cute. This chicken is my personal favorite, but I purchased several other characters and love them all. The are soft, wash well, and warm up a dipping wet baby in no time.

It was a cute addition to the Easter basket I got from Pottery Barn Kids for my friend who is expecting her second baby. However, I was hoping it was a bit softer and a little thicker. Size is generous and the chicken was definitely super cute.

Got this as a gift for a friend that had a baby (actually bought multiples of these of different animals). The parents that receive this love it. Kids don't grow out of it that quickly so that's always a plus. Great buy. Product arrived on time

I bought this towel as a baby shower gift and it was a hit! I have the exact same towel for my 8 month son and thought it would make a great gift. The towel is made with super soft organic cotton. Its much more absorbent than the average baby towel. I use it all the time and its kept its adorable looks after many washings. Great gift and very practical too!

The towel is a good size for kids 4 and under, and the inner side (oatmeal colored) is a nice soft absorbent "terry cloth" type fabric. However, what you can't tell from the picture is that this is a lining -- the back side of the towel is a different kind of fabric, not absorbent at all, and it's bright orange! Nothing wrong with orange in a tiger towel, but I didn't expect that it would be basically a one-sided towel. Not quite what I was looking for. Also, my toddler doesn't care, but the nose looks much more like a pig than a tiger. I've seen the hippo in this same series and would recommend that one instead.

I love the looking and the thick fabric. You will appreciate this thick towel if use in a colder room. However, the hood is too thick and firm, also over weighted. The hood does not cover baby's head naturally, it goes off again and again because of the weight and firm top. I finally give up using this towel. I use a regular hooded towel from Carter's.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hooded Towels Hooded Towels Hooded Towels