Sunday 24 October 2010

1080p - 1080p, hdmi


I wanted to give this cable FIVE stars. The cable exudes QUALITY. The connector boots and cable are substantial, yet the cable's rubberized jacket is flexible. The folks at MediaBridge are TOP NOTCH and actually return phone calls! (Try contacting the MANUFACTURER of one of the myriad "two-dollar" PVC cables. Good luck!) However, the rubberized boot on the mini-HDMI side of the cable is, unfortunately, a bit TOO substantial. On my camera (as with with many other cameras) the mini-HDMI port is RECESSED behind a protective cover. You remove the cover to access the recessed port. Unfortunately, the boot on the mini-HDMI end of the cable is too thick to squeeze into the notched, recessed opening of the camera's female mini-HDMI port.



HOWEVER, I was still able to use the cable. I simply used an exacto knife to trim off a sliver of the boot (...a couple millimeters). Voila! It works perfectly now and the gold plated connectors fit snugly; no loose connections! Although it's only 30AWG, output is flawless... and the fifteen (15) foot length is awesome. I can now sit an ample distance from a big screen TV, while controlling my connected camera.



Interestingly, one of the other reviewers complained that they had difficulty getting the cable to remain properly seated. My guess is that the cable is not completely inserted into a recessed mini-HDMI port, because the rubber boot is obstructing complete insertion.



I spoke with MediaBridge, and they welcomed the feedback. Perhaps we'll see a revision in the future?



In the interim, if your mini-HDMI port is "flush" with your camera's body, this is a great cable (and length) to purchase. If your camera's mini-HDMI port is recessed, you may need to modify the cable boot with an exacto knife or dremel tool (...or roll the dice with an alternative cable). Mediabridge - High Speed Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable - Category 2 Certified - 15ft

Connectors are good quality and fit well, including into the recessed connector on the Panasonic FZ-35.



The extra length is nice as I can sit on the couch and see the TV.



Image quality is excellent. Previous experience with Mediabridge HDMI cables suggests that this will remain a top-quality cable as it ages.

It is what it is, a cable. It works as stated, and does it well. I have no issues transmitting 3D blu ray to my TV from the mini HDMI port on my video card. Don't waste money on monster cables, these work the same and 1/10th the cost.

Bought this for my Camcorder. I needed the extra length and I have other mediabridge cables

and they all work great.

You save a lot buying from Amazon over retail stores. I wanted the Amazon Cable but it was

backordered for 12 weeks so this was a couple bucks more.

The only thing I don't care for and is that when the camcorder is plugged into the cable

the weight of the cable pulls down on the camcorders internal plug.

I solved this by using velcro on the tripod to hold the cable up.

I think it's the weight of the ferrite cores that causes this.

At least it's an easy fix. Also the plug on the Mini end is a bit big it would be nice if

it was smaller like the full size end.

I bought this cable because the Canon HF 21 does not come with an HDMI cable. I have purchased Media bridge cables before and they work great. The Canon cable is shorter and more expensive (very expensive).

This cable has a good build quality and has interference filters.

If you have a TV that is HDMI-CEC aware, you can control playback from the TV remote. I have a Samsung 46" 2009 series and it works very well.

One thing to be aware of- if you turn on the camera in RECORD mode, you will get a lot of feedback from the TV, so just mute the TV.

The 15 foot length allows plenty of working room, so you can record the family and have them see themselves (the picture will be reversed-you are not looking in a mirror.) - Hdmi - Hdmi Cables - Mini Hdmi - 1080p'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


1080p - 1080p, hdmi hdmi cables 1080p - 1080p, hdmi