Monday 13 September 2010

Wrist Weights


Purchased these Reebok 2 lb Wrist Weights for my wife to replace her nearly 8 year old Nike 1 lb wrist weights. She loves them! the wrist weights are just a tad longer than the Nike wrist weights (thus it will fit people with bigger wrists), the construction looks similar to the Nike (appears very sturdy and should last just as long). As others have pointed out the actual color is lime green not purple as shown in the main picture (however, my wife loves the lime green trim with black color). Cost of these wrist weights are almost 50% less than a Nike wrist weights from Nike's web site! My wife loves them so much her walking partner has asked me to order her a set from Amazon as well. Reebok Thumblock Wrist Weight (4-Pound Set)

I'm really good at complaining about the lack of tone in my arms and horrible about working out, so I decided to get these wrist weights as a motivator to "accidentally" exercise. I wear them around the house for about an hour a day, and after one week of wearing them while doing regular household tasks (cleaning, cooking, etc) I'm already seeing a difference! The fabric is soft & non itchy, putting them on & taking them of is super easy, and they're cute enough to go check the mail or mow the lawn in without feeling like a dope if your neighbors see you. The design reminds me of early 90's rave-wear, and part of me wishes I would've had them then, because my arms would be rock hard now. I love them so much I've already ordered a backup pair for myself and a pair for my best friend. Thanks Reebok!

These are exactly what i thought they'd be. The thumb hole keeps the weights in place and the slim design keeps them tight on small wrists.... great for revving up any cardio workout. Although the material isn't necessarily "sweat wicking" i haven't noticed any smell and after hundreds of uses the velcro still holds strong and the material looks brand new.

I was excited to try these wrist weights because of the thumb-holds, and because it looked like they were designed for women. (They show a woman on the packaging, so that's likely the case.) Granted, I have relatively small wrists, but these weights were absolutely enormous on me. I cannot imagine how these would fit most women's wrists comfortably. Even with the velcro pulled as tightly as possible (to the point were only small pieces of the velcro were pressed together), they still slipped all over the place. So disappointed!

I wear these wrist weights during my Zumba class to really work my biceps, and they do their job very well. Unlike some other types that only wrap around my wrists, these have thumb holes that allow them to stay in one place without sliding all over as I move my arms up and down and all around. Not too bulky either, and neoprene cover work well with sweaty skin. For the price, these can't be beat!

Looks like they've put the correct photo of the lime green/black weights since I last read these reviews. The "wrist" weights I tried on at Walmart slipped right off my wrist. These fit my small-boned wrists with only the last inch of velcro (out of the 2 1/2 inch long block) holding it sufficiently to my wrists. Comfortable, soft material with a little stretch. I do wonder if they stretch a little if they will be too big for the velcro to catch, no longer enabling them to stay on my wrists. The thumb lock starts to hurt after several minutes of wear, but you don't have to use the thumb locks. Definitely can feel they're working. Surprisingly, they are quite fat on your wrists. For example, I had to remove them to type this. I think this is about as good as you're going to find as far as wrist weights. I saw these at Target, BTW.

I purchased these wrist weights less than a month ago. I used them primarily to make the boxing workout on Wii Fit Plus a little more intense. I thought they would stay in place well because of the thumb hole, but the velcro came undone maybe a half dozen times as I was punching. I could live with that because they stayed on most the time, but a few days ago one of them burst open as I was punching and little beads sprayed everywhere.

Maybe it's not meant to be used that way? Maybe punching is more than it was designed to handle? But I certainly wasn't going crazy with my punches and I would have imagined any well designed wrist weight would have been up to the task. I was quite disappointed.

Every time I go on a walk or am doing chores around the house, I wear these. It's an easy way to get in a little extra arm workout without having to go out of your way to lift weights. What sets these wrist weights apart from others is that you still have the use of your hands, which is nice.



Now, wearing these and not doing any additional weight training is NOT going to turn your arms from flab to fab in a week. But it will offer a little extra resistance to daily activities which adds up.



Four stars because my mother tried them out and they were too big on her. She also mentioned the thumb piece rubbed uncomfortably.

I've been using this product for about two months now. The obvious advantage is that adding extra weight to your arms increases the exercise intensity and calorie burn. I wear these when I run and it has helped me build speed and endurance.



While I like this product a lot and use it daily, it runs way too large for most womens' wrists. It helps to wear terry cloth tennis bands around both wrists and then put the weights on. Otherwise, the weights shift around quite a bit.



Overall, I am satisfied with the product. If you're looking to turn a casual exercise into a more rigorous one, I recommend getting these.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wrist Weights Wrist Weights Wrist Weights