Monday 13 September 2010

Travel


If I may say so, this little lawn gnome (or Pipel, as his name grew to be) complimented our garden and delighted our lives with his unmatched craftsmanship and shy smile. We certainly enjoyed his stay in our garden...while he lasted. You see, when I was driving up to my house one day I found poor Pipel was missing. I searched everywhere. The shed, the back yard... even by the hose, where he's turned up a number of times. You can only imagine how disheartened I was. In later days, I started receiving letters from an anonymous sender with nothing inside but a picture of Pipel in front of scenic views. First Pipel was in front of a historic covered bridge, then the Eiffel tower, then the Empire State Building, the Space Needle, Lady Liberty, the Taj Mahal, and lastly Big Ben. My family got a kick out of it, but we missed our cheery Pipel dearly. A few months later, the letters came to a stop and Pipel was safely returned to his garden sanctuary. I am grateful every time I see Pipel's charming half-smile whenever I pull into my driveway. Sculptural Gardens Standing Garden Gnome Statuary

I was immediately impressed with its size and colors. After months of use in my Florida backyard and being knocked over by the two 75 pound dogs, it still looks amazing. I have other yard art but this by far is one of my favorites. The weight of its feet help it stay upright. I would like to buy more!

I resisted as long as I could but then this little fella popped up on the screen and I knew I had to give him a home. Most of the other gnomes are either too "colorful" or silly. I wanted one who looked like a "real" gnome kind of old-fashioned and friendly, not scary. This one sits only 13 inches high and hides behind a low growing bush, just a peeking out of the foliage. He is beautifully made, was well packaged in bubble-wrap to avoid breakage in shipping. He sits pretty flat on big feet but I wedged a couple small rocks around his toes to keep him from tipping over and to give a more natural setting.

If you've been bitten by the gnome-bug this one might be the one to offer a home to, he seems pretty happy here.

Good heavy weight solidly constructed garden gnome. My wife wanted one and this one seemed to make her happy. If you want a garden gnome this is as good or better than any others I have experience with.

This gnome was exactly what I expected. It looked just like the picture. The eyes are realistic. He has some weight to him to help prevent a tip over. Though, I do have to say it's not too hard for him to tip backward. I was trying to figure out where to put him in the garden and he tipped backward and scratched his hat. Anyway, I never thought I would have a gnome in my garden but this one is quite charming. I was really happy when he arrived.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Travel Travel Travel