Thursday 23 September 2010

Riding Boots - wide calf leather boot, comfortable


This boot is very nice looking, however, I have small calves and I could barely zip up this boot, it squeezes so tight around my tiny calves!. I have never had this problem before, which leads me to believe it is a manufacturing error. The width of the shoe is also very narrow- unusually so. LifeStride Women's Somerset Knee-High Boot,Black,6 M US

5.5M is my usual size but I felt this size in this boot was smaller and narrower than usual. Being non leather I feel it won't stretch out much so if you have a wide foot you might have problems . The calf didn't quite fit and I couldn't do the zip up full.Don't have skinny stick legs but not fat either so the side buckle won't help much for wide calves. Once I got it done up it was a very tight and uncomfortable feeling around the calf just below the knee.I persevered and added socks and there was a bit of stretch. But then I decided to scrunch the boot down a bit along the leg and it relaxed it a lot and now it's not too bad. The sole is excellent and non slip including the heel. Heel height not quite the 2 inches.

If you get this boot to fit you in all areas it will be a reasonably comfortable casual boot.

FINALLY found myself a nice pair of black boots! Most of the ones I've tried looked too juniors-y or too clunky (or are beautiful but WAAAY too expensive). This is a nice classy, basic boot - I could see it easily dressed up or down depending on the outfit. I've only had them out of the box for half an hour, but they feel comfy, and I bet I could go a day in them without complaint. There's a heel, but it's the kind that's so low and stable that it feels like a flat. The material doesn't feel too synthetic. There's plenty of traction on the sole. My biggest complaint is that they seem to bunch around the ankle more than I'd like (more so than the other black boots I bought for comparison shopping), but they're classy, versatile, and comfortable enough that they won! plus, the price is very reasonable!)(Also, these are best for narrow calves...you needn't be stick thin, but the margin between needing a wide calf and a normal calf is pretty small! ie, my legs look the same to the naked eye, but after trying on many pairs of different brands of boots, I find that my left leg ends up being squeezed in normal boots, and my right leg is fine. That held true for these boots, but I like them enough to keep them!)

Cute, comfy, just as pictured. I ordered a 6.5 and have average width feet. Very comfortable to wear all day (I'm not good with heels anymore after 2 kids). Seems to be good quality. Very happy with this purchase. - Wide Calf Leather Boot - Leather - Wide Calf - Comfortable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Riding Boots - wide calf leather boot, comfortable wide calf Riding Boots - wide calf leather boot, comfortable