Thursday 9 September 2010

Name Badges


I was leery of purchasing another inexpensive name badge holder because I've received unusable product before. But these worked out great. Most importantly, they arrived FLAT, and 100% were usable. And they do come with the paper inserts. I couldn't tell that clearly from the description, so I ordered inserts separately. The extras came in handy, but these do include inserts in the package. I'll be buying these again for my next conference. Hanging Name Badge Kit

I got drafted to make the name tags for a small conference I was attending in LA. I stopped into Office Depot to buy them and nearly fell over when the price was about $65 for a box of 50! I went to Amazon.com, bought these for about $8, and got them in two days! LIfe is good! They were so cheap, I bought the elastic hanging style and the clip on style so the participants could choose which style they wanted! I was the name tag hero at the conference!!!

I was very disappointed with this product. A box of fifty badges came with 22 of the cords without steel tips on either one or both ends of the cord. The tips were broken and in the same cellophane package as the cords.

Amazon Verified Purchase

I read the reviews before I bought these and was a little hesitant because of the complaints about making the paper work in the printer. To solve that problem, I just made a table in Microsoft Word and printed it out to check the size. I had the size right within a couple of tries. I didn't think they were hard to use at all. I just printed it on regular card stock, instead of using the paper sheets that came with the product, and got 6 name tags per sheet. I would order these again, especially since you get a lot for your money.

Do not buy! If you don't care whether or not your names or graphics line up correctly with these tags then feel free to buy them. We are a print shop (25 years in business) which had a request from a customer to source these hanging name tags. The Avery product is very expensive, but at least you know what you're getting. Products of this sort are usually provided in 8.5" x 11" format for printing in either laser or inkjet. The fact that these came 4.25 x 11" was a bit surprising since there was no prior reference to it being other than standard. But we make our living solving problems others can't or don't want to. The problem with this product was that they appear to have been split away from the "other side" of their obvious perf'd mates. And they were not only broken from their other halves, but it looked like it had been done with a butter knife (very poorly, in other words.) As well, the perforations from sheet to sheet did not line up across bundles. This horrible alignment was off by almost 3/16". If you don't like rulers, that's a lot. This product is an embarrassment to paper producers, and retailers alike. I only needed 150 good tags, and bought 200, but even with a 33% surplus I'll be lucky if I can salvage the job. They're due tomorrow, so now I don't know what alternative I have. Sparco should be ashamed of selling this utterly useless product.

I had searched all over for some reasonable badges but all were expensive. I went to Amazon and found what I needed for way below half the price. This was so awesome to me. If, I ever need anything else, I will shop Amazon.

We needed something to identify Volunteers at a recent fundraiser.

The ideas that I heard were less than stellar, so I came to Amazon

to see how they could help. I always come to Amazon when I need something

good and they don't ever let me down. I found these at a great price, Prime

brought them to me in two days time, and they worked perfectly! lightweight

enough not to be annoying, well made enough to last the night, and be re-used.

RECOMMENDED

This was really a speedy delivery! Thanks! I want to make special name badges for a family reunion, and did my research on Amazon, after seeing the price of the kits in an office supply store. This set had some good and some poor reviews, but the price was right. The kit contains pre-perforated card stock for inserts, in strips of three 3 x 4" badges; elastic cords with metal tips on both ends; and the clear plastic holders. Most of the holders are sort of warped, but usable. So I am happy enough with my purchase. This kit is fine for one time use, but for name badges to be reused over a period of time, I recommend a sturdier holder..'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Name Badges Name Badges Name Badges