Tuesday 21 September 2010

Lincoln 144v Grease Gun - lincoln grease gun, grease guns


I bought this grease gun mainly for use on my Loader Backhoe which has over 40 grease fittings and usually uses over 14oz of grease every time I grease it. I have a air grease gun in my shop but I often leave my backhoe at the worksite. This grease gun goes any where with its case and extra battery and cut my grease gun time in half, it is very well made and should last a long time. There is no compairison between this Lincon and a cheaper cordless grease gun. Lincoln Lubrication 1444 14.4 Volt Powerluber Kit - 2 Batteries

i think this tool is going to be good---used only a couple times------the anti-kink spring on one end of flexible hose did come loose --- a little agravating but no biggie--i am looking forward to using it more--maybe they can make the anti-kink spring a little more stable--

My wife bought this grease gun as a gift. Looked like a good idea for the farmer it was intended for - he's got lots of grease fittings on lots of different pieces of equipment and most all of it out in the field. We unpacked the box, charged the batteries up overnight, and headed out to the hay baler the next day.



The motor pumped about six or eight fittings and a whisp of smoke curled out of the motor housing and it quit. I mean 100% dead as a doornail. It was never under strain - the fittings were clear and the device was not laboring. We concluded it was typical made-in-China junk. Even if you get lucky and the one you get works for a while the chances of continuing to work for years aren't good.



It is an expensive piece of equipment at $200 and we were truly unimpressed. Maybe OK for a hobbiest but I'm not hauling one out to my fields and depending on it. I know a lot of people reviewed this a liked it but for $200 you better like it a tone.



BTW, the batteries are non-standard. This tool will have a life expectancy equal to the batteries...even if it does manage to keep working past Day One. Our thinking is that a simple trigger-style manual gun for less than $40 will do the job. This battery operated thing is not the ticket.



One other thing - it is heavy. You'll try to like it because you just blew $200 on it...but you'll be unhappy with the weight. It's a handful and not easy to manipulate when you're crawling around a tractor. It seems like it would be just the ticket...but in practice it's not.



One more thing - give it a workout first thing - grease everything on your block and make sure it keeps working. The Chinese are well-known for short-lived junk and Amazon is very strick about their return policy. Over thirty days and you're out of luck. And don't even think about returning it to the manufacturer. They are not the Lincoln Electric welding people even though their logo looks like it. I searched the Lincoln Electric website and there was no "powerluber" anywhere. I don't know who these guys are but they are not who I thought.

I researched this product on-line and in local stores. I decided on the 14.4V for a gift for my husband. We never realized that greasing farm equipment could be so quick and easy. The battery charged right up, the grease gun purged easily on the first try and the length of the hose made it easy to get to those hard to reach fittings. The Amazon price was the best and there was no shipping.

I have had this tool for going on 3 years. Even though i bought mine from a snap-on dealer i must say that it never ceases to impress me. I have greased hundreds of machines with the only problem being a blown hose 7 months ago. Keep in mind that if a grease fitting is seized and you continuallypull the trigger you can burn the motor up or damage the gears. If you encounter a tight fitting have a 10000 psi hand gun on hand or clean the pin out. The reviews that said it burned up were likely trying to force it to pump past operating pressure. I work on heavy equipment and it is great!!! I got mine with the car charger in a bundle. There also could be a spot to house an extra tube of grease in the case but other than that it was an excellent investment.

Great piece of equipment. The extra battery is a life saver. The first unit I purchased about 5 years ago only had one battery. When the original battery went dead on me ,instead of buying a battery at almost half the cost of a new powerluber, I just ordered a new powerluber with two batteries. Now I have two powerlubers and two new batteries. It was a win win situation for me. The 5 year old unit has never given any trouble.

i recently bought a backhoe and let me tell you greasing it manually is not the way. i bought the lincoln battery powered grease gun and have no regrets. it saves me so much time. it was a great purchase. - Lincoln Grease Gun - Grease Guns'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lincoln 144v Grease Gun - lincoln grease gun, grease guns grease guns Lincoln 144v Grease Gun - lincoln grease gun, grease guns