Sunday 19 September 2010

Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - framing, eligible for super saver shippin


Arrived quickly, typical of Amazon purchases, and just what I expected. The free shipping and convenience of delivery helped compensate for the higher price of the nails. But all in all, very happy with the transaction. B & C Eagle A312X131HD/22 Round Head Plastic Collated Hot Dipped Galvanized Smooth Shank Framing Nail, 3-1/2-Inch by 0.131-Inch 20-to-22-Degree, 500 per Box

The product came in a plain cardboard box with no indication anywhere who the manufacturer is even though the Amazon website says B & C Eagle. The box did have a prominent warning on the outside stating that the unnamed manufacturer would not warranty the galavanize coating against deterioration for any period of time.



The nails themselves seemed to have a very thin zinc coating and were not aligned especially well in the strip. (they weren't all parallel to each other) I didn't use any so I can't say if the misalignment would have caused any jams but I'd rather see better quality control.



I recommend that you don't use this product for any serious outdoor structural project that will need to be inspected, especially ACQ treated lumber. Your inspector may want to know that you used quality fasteners. You could find yourself tearing them out and starting over with nails from a known reputable manufacturer.



Keep 'em if you're making a dog house or fence, but don't risk it for anything important. I sent mine back.

These work quite well in my Porter Cable nail gun.



What I like most is being able to buy these in small quantities. Sure, they cost more but for a homeowner that does not do but one or two projects a year this is a perfect quantity.



Also shipment/service was prompt. I typically have very positive experience buying from Amazon Vendors.

The nails that were sent to me arrived quickly and were well packaged. Free shipping was an added bonus. The country of origin was Canada. The nails have excellent gripping power and strength for my application (framing a new 500 square foot 9 foot tall space with 2x6 lumber). I have a Campbell Hausfeld 21 degree 3.5" x .131" framing nailer, and these worked just fine. The door installer remarked positively about the quality of the framing.



I have no local source for 3.5" 21 degree nail strips. I only needed a few hundred nails in this length (most of the joints could be done with 3.25" nails which are readily available). It was very nice to be able to buy these in this small quantity.



I would buy these again, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to a friend. - Framing - Eligible For Super Saver Shippin - Porter Cable - Nails'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - framing, eligible for super saver shippin nails Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - framing, eligible for super saver shippin