Friday 10 September 2010

Back Brace - back pain, back support brace


As someone who has had multiple spine surgeries, I needed to find a truly supportive lumbar brace. In the past, I always found them too small, or not truly supportive. I stumbled upon this one and gave it a try. I am very happy I did. As soon as you put it on, you truly feel like you are secure in the lumbar area. It has two layers of wide straps, so you can adjust how tight you want to make it. This product is sturdy, but is also heavier than most others. It is perfect for me, a large 30-something man that needs a sturdy brace. That said, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this back brace. Mueller Adjustable Lumbar Back Brace, Black, Extended, 1-Count Package

Number One, I suppose, is that I got the largest size and it fits. I didn't want to get something that would be too small. The XXXL is actually so large I have to close it up almost all the way (and I was a hefty 335lbs when I started using this). Next, it has an extra set of belt straps that you wrap around again, this allows making it real snug and feels fit and solid. Appears very well made. Heavy duty. And just what I needed on a campaign to get moving, walking and even some serious exercising again. Um...so comfortable that I even use it if going to sit at typing chair for long time.

The brace works well, is durable and well made. Just Make sure you see that this is the 'extended' version. It's huge! I didn't realize the minimum on this thing is 50"

Wish I could tighten it up further.

I actually have never been diagnosed with back problems. I was working a 24 hr shift in the medical field. This brace gave me enough support, that I was comfortable for the entire time. I'm not saying my feet didn't hurt...but my back was comfortable!

This particular brace has the removable lumbar pad, which I found uncomfortable and had to remove. This is my 3rd brace, and they swapped the product selection at the store, so I had to buy this one, as it was the only one available.



This brace rolls down on the top (bad design), so it doesn't support as much as you think it would. This rolling down happened almost immediately, unlike the last Mueller brace that I had. The reason I was replacing the last brace was because the top kept rolling down, and the brace didn't give me much support.



Unless you want or like the lumbar pad, then go for the cheaper model of this brace (about $17) without the pad. It supports just as well as this one does, for a fraction of the price.



This brace will make you sweat when worn next to the skin.



However, I found the wider (10-11 inches) medical braces to be a better choice, as they cover more of the back area.

I had been having severe back pain due to a degenative disk condition and since we had been moving boxes and furniture I know that caused the pain. I did see my doctor for this, but he recommended OTC pain relievers, and pain reliever creams along with back strengthing exercizes I had used previously. It all helped, but I did not get full relief from medication for any length of time.



Sizing was limited in local stores and I wanted this extended size so that I could pull more of the straps around me for more support. It definitely helped my back feel more stable, Helped relieve the incapitating pain I was experiencing on a daily basis. Wear this over clothing. Easy to put on by myself. Use it doing yard work or lifting, standing or walking for a long time.



Feels comfortable,(does get warm if you are wearing it for an extended period of time. When it does, I remove it it for a while, then put it back on). Great service. Quick delivery. Great not to have to go store to store looking for the extended size especially since riding in the car was also painful. Thanks Amazon for carrying this product. I would definitely recommend using this back brace.

I am 6'5" and weight close to 400#. For recreation, I ride an 800 cc ATV through the woods...fast. In the past, a weekend of riding black-diamond trails meant a week at the chiropractor getting realigned. A friend suggested wearing a "kidney belt" but none of the off road accessory companies sell one for us big folks. Then I found this one on Amazon...even had them ship it to meet me at my destination in West Virginia. It arrived on time and was everything claimed. I have now ridden many hundred miles of tough trail and not a wimper from my back. This fits (love the double strapping), is easy to take on/off, is comfortable for all-day use even in 100F muggy weather, and dries out quickly. I won't leave pavement without it. Hooray!!!

I have a ruptured disc so I bought this to help with my back. It has a double tightening feature which is nice, but I have a little trouble with it riding up so I'm frequently pulling it into place (that may be pilot error). Don't wear it directly on your skin unless you want to sweat like mad. I won't lie and tell you "it's so comfortable you'll never know you are wearing it". I find all of these devices to be cumbersome but it does help if you can get used to it, and, as these things go this seems to be a pretty good one. - Back Support Brace - Mueller - Extended - Back Pain'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Back Brace - back pain, back support brace back support brace Back Brace - back pain, back support brace