Friday 10 September 2010

42 Inch - 46 inch, 60hz


I was between buying this LN46C550 or a more expensive LED 3D Samsung TV. I am glad that I bought this one and saved a lot of money. This is an excellent TV, the picture quality is extremely good. I was concerned that the 60Hz would be inferior to 240Hz technology; but the picture is perfect, I can't really tell the difference! Do yourself a favor and save some of your hard earned money and buy thus TV instead of much more expensive ones; you'll be happy! Samsung LN46C550 46-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV (Black)

I purchased the Samsung LN46C550 HDTV last month and finally got it installed this week by professional installers and I must say that this HDTV is great! Black levels, color saturation, are all excellent, this HDTV even has a wireless link connection (must be purchased separately)! This is my first HDTV but not my first Samsung TV and I must say that in keeping with the tradition of high quality TV sets, this is another fine entry in Samsung's catalog!

This is my second LN46C550. The first arrived with a strange audio problem where the sound would have interference for a brief second several times a minute. Kudos however to Amazon who quickly sent a replacement that is working fine.



I purchased this TV for the bedroom, and can compare it to the Samsung UN55B7000 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV I have as our primary TV. The UN55B7000 was last years 120 Hz edge-lit LED model that is really a great TV except for the poor flashlighting produced by the edge-lit design, and its poor DLNA support. With all the frustration I had with that, I almost swore off Samsung for good.



So how does this LN46C550 compare to a TV that cost more than twice as much? Actually, pretty well. I have this connected to a Samsung BD-C6500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player and the HD 1080p is rendered pretty well, however, this being a tube backlit LCD at 60 Hz, there are most definitely some differences in picture quality between the two.





VIDEO:



The fit and finish of the TV with its Touch of Color design (matches the UN55B7000) is nicely done. The firmware for this years TVs (the C series) is much better than last years. There is a plethora of configuration options for tuning display parameters. While the set comes with 4 preset picture modes, they are woefully over-saturated and inaccurate. Many of the dynamic adjustments are noticeable and intrusive, making them more bother than they are worth. Spending an evening with the Spears & Munsil High-Definition Benchmark Blu-ray Disc Edition [Blu-ray] is well worth the effort. The display can be tuned to a respectable level of accuracy for all but the most critical viewer.





AUDIO:



Yeah. 10 Watts x 2. Basically, two little downward-firing tin cans. While it has some sophisticated audio signal processing, and preset sound modes like voice enhancement (very handy) and Virtual Surround, no DSP magic is going to trick you into believing you aren't listening to two very cheap, underpowered speakers. Luckily this does have a digital audio out connector.





FEATURES:



The TV has a wide variety of features and connectivity options. I specifically chose a TV that has DLNA capability. This years models are a little better in supporting it than last years. I currently use a wired connection to my network, and a PC with Twonky and Mezzmo to stream recorded TV shows. Samsung hasn't figured out how to support Windows Media streaming. However, I must say that the Windows 7 "Play To" feature now works with the C series sets in a limited fashion, no FF or RW.



The remote is functional, but nothing to write home about. The TV supports AnyNet+, so you can use the remote to control other Samsung connected stuff.



Another neat feature is the On/Off timers, which allow you to use the TV like an alarm clock if you wish.





SUMMARY:



All-in-all, a lot of features for the money. While it's not going to knock the socks off the vipheophile in the family, the extra features overcome its average picture and audio quality Samsung does have some quality control issues, but so far, offer a decent buying experience. Would I buy it again. Yes.

I had it set up on the stand and running in less than 15 minutes. I immediately plugged my laptop in through the VGA input and selected the "PC input" selector and within 3-5 seconds the screen was on 46 inches of glory. IT WAS SO SIMPLE, I DIDN'T have to do anything to get it to show up on the LCD TV, it just knew how to do it and how to display it correctly. I don't own a MAC but I know when I have used them they were so simple and intuitive. That was my experience with this TV. Samsung has figured it out. I was using "Netflix watch instantly" within another minute. THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE I HAD to do. I was navigating the web with a huge monitor.People say the sound on LCDs is not that good and I normally use a small stereo on my computer, but at half volume it was plenty loud!



This TV is beautiful too, what looks to be a glass/hard plastic/fiber bevel around the edge as well as the stand. It looks very complimenting to a taken care of home, nothing cheap about the tv except its price, which I got it for $[...] after shipping.



This is my second night with it. My wife and I were sitting on the couch with our wireless mini remote checking my emails and one of my [...] email advertisements came through and we bought something, like interactive TV, so simple. It doesn't feel like a computer anymore.

TV arrived damaged-screen was cracked in numerous places.

Delivery person did not check the item, just asked where we wanted the box and left.



Had to have the TV picked up and subsequently bought the same set at Best Buy. Very happy with Samsung. Beautiful picture and fits nicely in our family room - 60hz - 1080p - Hdtv - 46 Inch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


42 Inch - 46 inch, 60hz 46 inch 42 Inch - 46 inch, 60hz